1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Baker vs CMS made simple

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CraigPaleo, Sep 23, 2008.

I want to make a website with about 50 pages, maybe more over time. From what I've read, these two are the simplest to use. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the bigger CMSes.

Website Baker or CMS made simple: which would you recommend?

Craig

CraigPaleo, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  2. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't used CMS made simple, but it does look clean and pretty easy to use. I have a website I created using Website Baker (http://www.fileconversionservices.com/) and I found it easy and intuitive to use, plus there's a great community to support and help you out. It has clean urls and is generally nice to use. I'm not sure how it handles many pages but I would recommend it.

But like I said I haven't used CMS made simple, although I may decide to try it :)

einsteinsboi, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  3. CraigPaleo

CraigPaleo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

I've looked at your site and like the URLs. They seem to be static yet end in .php. I was thinking about using one of the two CMSes since there'd be more of a learning curve for something like KompoZor or Dreamweaver. I surely don't have the time to learn CSS and HTML in the time I'd like to get it up.

Craig

CraigPaleo, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  4. wootty

wootty Peon

Best Answers:
    Can certainly recommend WebsiteBaker for small/medium size sites - easy for the client to manage as well.

wootty, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not used Website Baker. I have used CMS made simple. It's okay. But neither offer the flexibility you'll want if you decide to scale your site or want to add features for your visitors.

I evaluated several systems, I chose Joomla. Drupal was in a state of Transition at the time.

Joomla may seem difficult to learn at first for some. You have to grasp the concept of creation Sections Categories then content. Then learn how to use the Menu linking. As soon as you have your "ah ha" moment it all falls into place.

internetmarketingiq, Sep 27, 2008 IP