1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website for Accounting/other Contractors?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mikejed, Feb 14, 2016.

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a website where contractors can upload their details and companies can do the same?

I know there are many for skilled manual work like plumbers and for IT type roles but not for other professions.

I ask for two reasons. I am a contractor and in my current role I'm in charge of finance -we end up having to pay some worthless recruitment agent 20% of the rate when we get a temp in. All they do is send over all the CVs they have which are slightly relevant- I then need to read them all and get the candidates in who look suitable. The candidate and myself do all the work a some suited Essex boy gets a nice wedge.
    As this is not my money I'm not as upset but I myself have been paying 20% of my rate since being there. It is a sister company of a role I had before -I got the job 100% my self as it wasnt advertised but we have to pay the 20% as they "introduced me" to the wider business.

I thought this would be something LinkedIn does but doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Cheers!

Mikejed, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  2. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well they are charging you for the database they have and definitely they spent on money on it and trying to recover it :) - well having such system is not an issue but having real data is an issue which might take several months to develop. So you will have to use some third party to collect CVs or applicants and have to pay them. But you can change your service provider who provides you service at low rates.

If you have something different in your mind, please share with more details. Cheers

Shahzad Jameel, Feb 16, 2016 IP