1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Website] Start making money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shayol, Aug 23, 2012.

Hello, i want to present my project.

I manage a website of Free images hosting. The site is online for almost 2 years and the last three months i optimazed the script and i had an increase of 300% of my website (as popularity). Every day the site is growing, i'm very happy about it.

Let's start with some numbers. My site allows Hotlinking, you will notice it from numbers.

I have 40.000.000 hits every day. What is an hit? For example if an image is posted on this forum, all people that request the image are 1 hit. In conclusion is a simple HTTP request where the user is not directly on my website.

I consume like 4-7 TB of Bandwitdh every day. It is killing me, sincerly.

Every day i have like 500-1000 unique users. 10% of users are "phone user".

Like 5.000-10.000 page views every day.

As you can see my site is not a lot visited but is tapped cause of hotlinking. Now i was thinking to start to monetizate something, at least to pay the hosting.

I added finally chitika banners and phone banners. But for now i saw only impressions and not clicks. I red that a lot of chitika users had the same problem and i must only wait.

Now i want to tell you some advice to improve my service and how can i monetizate something (if it's possible) with this website.

Thank you for your help,
    Cheers

shayol, Aug 23, 2012 IP