1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website tips

Discussion in 'General Business' started by njbrugh, Jul 21, 2011.

Hi guys,
    I have a blog that's pretty new about 2 months old. It's called mybusinessideas(dot)net and I'm kind of in a road block. I'm not getting any traffic to my website and I'm finding it very hard to come up with things to write about. There is no drive for me if I can't get any visitors to it. I already tried adwords and got about 200 visitors with a 60% bounce rate. I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here?
    Thanks,
    Nick

njbrugh, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most people get into blogging because they have a message to deliver. 2 months at this game and you're ready sounding like you're ready to give up. I can't work out if you're just a quick buck artist or you actually genuinely want to help people? Maybe you could clarify that? Maybe when you answer that and depending on your answer, I'll give some further points.

Seqqa, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  3. njbrugh

njbrugh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wanted to make a business website for the younger generation (like kids just out of college). And I was really excited about it, but then I just started to fall of the wagon. I don't know if I just need a little boost and push through it or if I just need to move on to something I'm more passionate about.

njbrugh, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  4. Chris-M

Chris-M Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you could add an interactive element to your blog, inviting users to submit their requests or suggestions which you in turn would then write about. This would have the added advantage of you writing about something that your users were looking for, and secondly would create a bit of social buzz because said users would feel thrilled that you had written an article seemingly for them personally.

If you're running out of creative steam yourself then asking your users what they are looking for is going to help a lot.

Chris-M, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely something you're passionate about Nick. Otherwise these burn outs you've started experiencing, will become something of a frequent occurrence. Do things that you get enjoyment from, if you still don't know what that is do some soul searching. Just ask yourself and have a good think, what would Nick really enjoy doing. I have the ability to write and do anything online so what is it I really enjoy what gets me excited. I guarantee you'll find the answer, then once you do take action. You'll start to make yourself extremely happy, and you'll find enjoyment in what you're doing and most of all it'll be fulfilling.

There's no lasting fulfillment out of making a lot of money. Money is easier to obtain than happiness so work on being happy, help other people. The money will follow. Most people who give things away and go out of their way to help people always find that it comes back ten fold.

Seqqa, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  6. njbrugh

njbrugh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea thanks for the advice.

njbrugh, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  7. njbrugh

njbrugh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks I appreciate the advice. Your right money can't buy happiness lol. I have tons of hobbies that I would love to write about

njbrugh, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's billions of people who do things they dislike doing for money, it's call having a job. Unless you want another job, follow your passions and desires. Most people with a lot of money are still working because it's their passion, it's what they'd do for free and what they do for fun.

You walk into a small golf shop and the owner of that shop no doubt could talk hours and hours on end about golf, to the point the interest in closing a sale has gone because he's getting so much enjoyment about just talking about golf with you.

The most successful people in the world are not those with billions in the bank who in reality are emotionally bankrupt, but those who do what they love and get paid as a product of it.

Seqqa, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you have to do Organic SEO for your website

jhardy2008, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  10. HACCP76

HACCP76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't give up matey. I have working online in my spare time for over a year now and making small amounts of money but not yet to where I want to get to. Keep working on it. I am trying and testing different areas of the net in different niches. Seeing up and coming trends and working with those. As for traffic. Is the blog keyword specific? Articles, press releases, videos, rss feeds, pdfs, free ads, forums, mp3, mp4, podcasts and there are more. If it is a worthwhile project you will have to try every method under the sun until you find something that works. At the moment I am Twitter marketing into a viral Facebook page which is starting to work. The page if you wanna check it out is 'Linxbot - Need High PageRank Backlinks PR5+ ?' - Just to show you what can be done with 600-700 million viewers.

HACCP76, Jul 24, 2011 IP