1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website worth based on adsense revenue & registration

Discussion in 'General Business' started by s786999k, Jan 24, 2011.

Domain registered Oct 2005

Was originally an eCommerce business site which stopped trading after 1.5 years, in that time the average daily unique hits was between 1000 - 1500 visitors at this time there was no adsense on there, after which we popped on adsense on there. It was very well optimised for the niches keywords.

At its peak in 2007 it was generating an average of about 800 USD monthly

Since the beginning of 2008 I have not done any seo what so ever on the site and left it on its own

In 2008 the average monthly earnings were about 500 USD

In 2009 - 2010 its gone down to about between 400 - 300 USD a month

The last 3 months averaged out at 298.70 USD which is quite consistent

The Site page rank was 4 but its dropped to 2 but 90% of the pages have either a page rank of 2 or 1

Its listed in DMOZ as well

Considering that the site has been left untouched for over 3 years and with no seo its still generating between 500 - 800 unique daily visitors and earning just under $10 a day in revenue and still ranks on the first page for most of the keywords related to its niche

I have been approached by someone to wants to buy it and need advise on what its worth. Your expertise will be appreciated.

Thank you

s786999k, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  2. wpconfig

wpconfig Peon

Best Answers:
    About $2500-$3500 unless it's possible (and obvious and can be explained to the potential buyer(s)) to juice the site back up to it's former standing, then you have a chance to get more. However, you would do well to first get it up going again before trying to sell. Make it to an upswing and then sell.

wpconfig, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  3. s786999k

s786999k Peon

Best Answers:
    So put simply its worth a years adsense revenue! I think it would be easy to get it to its former standing with a bit of seo work (which I no longer have the time for) as despite no seo work its still on page one for all the key words. I was thinking it would be a bit more considering the traffic and the age of the domain

s786999k, Jan 24, 2011 IP