1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

websitebaker anyone?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by alph, Jan 17, 2006.

http://www.websitebaker.org/

Looking for anyone who has had experience with this free cms. I've tested it out a bit and it seems really nice. Lots of features and very easy to install...

Just like to hear any feedback before I'd go ahead with it.

Thanks.

alph, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  2. vanessa

vanessa Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never installed it but from my experience and review it seems like a nice package. The only thing I would ask is does it have an active community of developers? Will there be security updates over time as things pop up? If you can handle the updates/security etc then no worries. In addition if it meets all your needs then your golden -- I mean you have nothing to loose except your time. :)

vanessa, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  3. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right. Good points...

I can handle installs, updates, and some minor php/mysql stuff, but when it gets deep I'm lost. I know they have a forum, I will go browse in there and see how quickly things move. Thanks.

alph, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  4. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    I have reviewed it, and installed it once. Template layout is good, the form builder could do with some work, but it does its job. If memory serves it also has a nice photo gallery system.

I think the only real issue was that the default template is a bit bland and doesn't really show what could possible be achieved.

Jay

jaymcc, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  5. NikkiBlue

NikkiBlue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, easy to use CMS!

BUT...I cant find any reason to choose it over Wordpress and all of the wonderful WP plugins.

NikkiBlue, Jan 31, 2006 IP