1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weeding Out Non Paying Bidders on Flippa

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ImCanuck, Mar 12, 2014.

I am not new to internet marketing by no means but I am pretty new to Flippa and flipping websites in general but I have had some success.

The toughest challenge so far as a seller is trying to judge all of the bids you get from bidders that have 0 purchase history. Google their user names and you come up with very little most of the time.

I had 1 auction a couple of weeks ago and I had an experienced buyer reach my reserve. Later I accepted a bid from a complete newb. After I accepted I am informed he hit the BIN. He asks me to send him an invoice through pay pal. I do and he sends me a message - paid by credit card and states his name. No money shows up. I let him know and give him a couple of days. He says he is looking into it and pulls the same thing and says sorry he hasn't responded to messages he has had health issues. I take him into a dispute and win. I re-list all bidders interested in the re-list are brand new. This time I reject a couple of newbs. I let one through after conversing with him. He doesn't bid close to my reserve. Re-listing again. This site would have sold the first time If I rejected the newb and the experienced buyer's bid would have won.

On the re-list no experienced buyers bid. Now I am stating in my listings "only bid if you are serious about purchasing" I also state "if you have no history of purchasing on Flippa message me before you bid, I have a couple of questions to ask you". Anybody have any other ideas besides what I have stated in my listings or talking to the bidders? Thanks.

ImCanuck, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  2. michaelyx

michaelyx Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think there's really much of a way around that, it's just what's going to happen I guess. I personally must have been lucky that this hasn't happened to me yet.

michaelyx, Mar 14, 2014 IP