1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What actions can I take when others use my site content and server?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BlackMamba88, Mar 7, 2009.

Hi all, I am still new as a webmaster. I found that some ppl are using my blog articles (copy/paste) in their site with their name. And they are not even giving a link back. What option is there available for me as a webmaster to protect my contents?

In addition, some are using my download links in their site and using my server for direct downloading from those sites. I know I can stop this myself coz I hv seen other webmasters use their download link in a way that only main site users can download from that site, when others link to the download page it redirects to the home page. But I don't know how to do it. Can you guys pls help?

BlackMamba88, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. BlackMamba88

BlackMamba88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have solved the second part of my problem by enabling hotlink protection from CPanel.

Pls answer the first part to help me fight with the copycats. Thank you.

BlackMamba88, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem no long ago, i contacted the offending partys host...yes a large hosting cooperation ( i wont mention who ) who told me in no uncertain terms that because i had an RSS feed enabled on my site i was inadvertently agreeing to share my content with other sites.

Now whether that is correct or not i didnt follow it up, mainly because my site was alot higher ranked than his and he wasnt affecting the operation of my site in anyway. I also reported him to google too but never got a response from them.

Rivmedia, Mar 8, 2009 IP