1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Are Good Ways of Generating Youtube Traffic?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nhatle84, Dec 11, 2010.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to video marketing and was wondering what are some good and practical ways of gaining traffic from Youtube, please share your ideas and methods :)

Appreciate all,
    -LMN

nhatle84, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  2. nordicadmedia

nordicadmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, it really depends on your "product".

I make music gear test, music sessions and other music related videos. I post the videos in the forums where I'm active, use my MSN / myspace / facebook / skype status. Copy the link to various groups/events on Facebook which are related.
    But with youtube, one most be very patient or have that unique video.

Also remember to keep your video between 00:40 - 01:50 minutes long. As the younger targetgroup often dislikes slow, long and "boring" videos.

Get posted at related blogs, upload to vimeo and video stock websites.

nordicadmedia, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  3. nhatle84

nhatle84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonders..

Say if I have 5,000 subscribers, when I upload a new video.. would those 5K receive notification about the vidz?

Also am I allowed to mass send message/announcement to them without any spamming penalties as they've subscribed to my channel?

4. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. When you upload a video - your subscribers get notified. That's the point of subscribing to someone.

The best tip I could give you is to be funny. People love that.

Sweely, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  5. dj5230

dj5230 Member

Best Answers:
    Reviews, and how to's are the way to go.
    I have about 5 videos up that are rather new and looked at my youtube accounts to day to find over 100 000 views on my videos that I put up for fun.
    Ad a sponsored by intro or outro. Even putting links at the bottom of the page.

It's a great way to get traffic!

dj5230, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  6. nhatle84

nhatle84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool.. sounds totally exciting,

I also like to know is it possible to add a click-able link WITHIN the vidz itself... I saw a couple videos with popup bubbles to say click here and when clicked it leads you to the designated page.. does this OPTION available for every/entry level producer or only the ones to has thousands of fans/subscribers to have this kind of functionality?

-LMN

7. dj5230

dj5230 Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest I haven't figured that one out my self....
    I always feel like a noob doing videos and hate the sound of my own voice so it makes it even worse.
    I just consider my self lucky to get viewers and traffic ;)

Great example, about 3 or 4 weeks ago I did a really badly done review of a cellphone and got 7500 views already, then I did a horrible video with a half decent review of another one last week and have 600 views already. Unfortunately my camera broke so I'm kinda stuck now but I will do screen capture how to's and some of those do really well. Specially my DJ videos they can rank up into the 10 000 of views with in a month.

Find your niche and just go for it... let youtube bring you traffic.
    I have seen some people build their lists using music videos but think it's a bit risky since they usually get shut down for copyrights

dj5230, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  8. kcom

kcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is owned by Google. Google runs on backlinks. I would Social Book mark my video at the very least.
    You could also write articles or ads to link to the video which would increase natural search traffic from Google.

kcom, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  9. nuwavonline

nuwavonline Peon

Best Answers:
    You can rank your videos in Google, as long as you know the keyword that is being searched for in Google, just put the keyword in title, description and tags. Then get views to the video.

nuwavonline, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  10. MichelleEdwards

MichelleEdwards Peon

Best Answers:
    You can at lease put the URL at the front of your description... this will make it 'clikable' and it will be at the top of the description right under the video.

Michelle

MichelleEdwards, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  11. SeanM5

SeanM5 Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems to be only available to YouTube partners (people with thousands of subscribers and millions of views etc). Regular YouTubers can create videos with "annotations" which are the in-video popup bubbles, but you can only link them to other pages within YouTube (your channel, or another video, or a YouTube playlist). Only partners can do external links to their own websites.

SeanM5, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  12. BrianTubbs

BrianTubbs Peon

Best Answers:
    I've resisted the Fiverr thing. Getting untargeted views might help with statistics, but beyond that, I doubt it would be very helpful.

BrianTubbs, Jan 25, 2011 IP