1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Are Social Bookmarks ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jvhakim, Jun 14, 2007.

I keep reading about social bookmarks ?

I want to know so I can increase traffic and awareness to my site.

jvhakim, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. teampower

teampower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    teampower, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
  4. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out my new e-book called "Social Bookmarking Uncovered". It should give you a good understanding of the subject of Social Bookmarking and how to get some good SE rankings and traffic from it.

peeg, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking is just another way to create buzz and bring visitors to your site.. It's one of the latest hot marketing methods out there, and many webmasters are starting to take advantage of it.

aletheides, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. Blackmane

Blackmane Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I think it is one of the best. As well as gaining loads of visitors to your site it does create a lot of back links.

For example take digg.
    If you digg your article it appears on the upcoming page, your dugg page, and if you make it your number one on another page. This brings one link a total of 3 backlinks with no effort.

If you have one person digg your article, this jumps to four backlinks. (3 from you + 1 on there dugg page)

This will of course increase for every person that diggs your article.

As well as this the link will also appear on friends have dugg lists, and other places. Increasing your back link count more.

Personally I think the the visitors to digg links is about 1:25, so for every digg you can get about 25 visitors off it. If it hits the front page this shoots way up.

As well as this, most other sites use social bookmarking sites to pick up other content to post. Again increase the way visitors reach your site.

All in all getting a lot of diggs or other type of vote will dramatically incresae your visitor count.

There can be one downside which I read somewhere, you may get a lot of visitors, but these don't necessarily mean a lot of clicks on ads or other type of sale. I remember reading that people just look at the website move on, or don't take a look tom much into the site. On the other hand, getting 50k of visitors the law of probability will state that you will get some ad clicks or sales, or returning visitors.

Hopefully that clears some stuff up, if it doesn't make sense, say because I have seemed to ramble a bit.

Blackmane, Jun 15, 2007 IP