1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the criteria to pick your affiliate program?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by prasanth5, Nov 3, 2012.

I follow certain criteria before picking the best affiliate programs. First thing I do is go through certain reviews of the program to know more about the conversions of the product. Secondly I check whether the program fits my temperament. Finally I would see what are the payment methods for the program.

prasanth5, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  2. DougKasper

DougKasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    None. I make my own sites so THEY don't tell me how to promote, THEY can't shut me down and THEY don't take most of the money

DougKasper, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  3. pink378

pink378 Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure its a popular product, and not many other people are promoting it.

pink378, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  4. Michael Thai

Michael Thai Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is a Clickbank product, then it is easier to assess. Go for products with at least

1) minimum gravity of 30
    2) minimum payment for affiliate - $17

Michael Thai, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  5. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You should only think about if you can make quick cash out of it? If not, don't even look at it. All other things follow after this first thing.

If you go for clickbank, you have many websites to help with other criteria like cbengine, cb-analytics etc.

If you go for CJ, then check if the site is not new. Many new sites don't give commission for the sales you made. Find out suitable banner or text.

Also if you are promoting through adwords, check that the site allows the keywords you like to use.

Thus the list will be never ending as times go on.

zeesales, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  6. Nicholas Ferrante

Nicholas Ferrante Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a few things I look at. Competition is not a problem as the people above said. I think it's a good thing. Just do it better and it won't be an issue for you. Frequency of payment, payment amount, reputation of provider are the main things I look at. It has to make sense money wise obviously, but if it's something you are familier with or want to dive into then that would also be a big plus.

Nicholas Ferrante, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  7. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are picking affiliate products from clickbank then try to pick high gravity product.

ProSence, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  8. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read the sales page and think about the product, If i can buy it, I will promote it!

wtg, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  9. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    The criteria to pick your affiliate program would be amount of commission, reputable and fast payout and excellent product quality

markinternet, Nov 7, 2012 IP