1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the options for Non Php CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cryoffalcon, Jan 4, 2013.

I am trying to use a CMS that can do everything but is not based on php as I don't want my hands to get stuck in something that I don't know and I don't want to know.
    There are lots of CMS that are non php but I don't want to use one CMS this day and then start using another one another day. Can someone provide me various names that are good CMS (professional level).

Just one more thing, I don't want to make another post for it, I heard that php is a very complicated and not well designed language. I am not worried about complicated but if it is not well designed I don't want to invest my time in it. I want to go for alternatives that are much better than php and are without any flaws. But I don't know which languages they might be, some people say its ASP, Java, C#, Ruby etc.

cryoffalcon, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have 2 main choices for server-side code - PHP and ASP. There are CMSs written in ASP. Read http://webmasterformat.com/blog/top-asp-net-cmss (Of course you can write a CMS in any computer language you like, but it sounds as if you want to start with an existing one.)

The problem is, though, that unless you're running the site on a Windows server, you're not going to be able to run ASP on it. And it's just as complicated (actually a bit more) as PHP, and not as well designed. (PHP was designed by programmers, to be useful for programmers. ASP was designed by Microsoft, to make money.)

Either way, expect to spend at least 6 months learning programming if you're not already a programmer, then another 6 months to a year to become somewhat proficient in whichever language you choose to learn. And you'll also have to learn SQL (if you want to use a database, which is almost mandatory for a CMS), Javascript for client-side code and the client-server model just to understand how the code works.

Rukbat, Jan 4, 2013 IP