1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the steps involved in social media marketing..?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Deepak_Kotian, Oct 29, 2012.

What are the steps involved in social media marketing..? Please explain..

Deepak_Kotian, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  2. briantymes

briantymes Peon

Best Answers:
    It is quite simple.
    Join as many web 2.0 sites as you can find.
    Create content for the sites that let you create pages.
    Place links in the content pointing to your money site or website.
    For sites like twitter just start following people in your niche and hopefully they will follow you back. Then once or twice a day tweet a non sales message and once or twice a day tweet a sales message.
    Of course don't forget about facebook as well.

There are a lot of more detailed information that you can find in the search engines, but that is the basics.

briantymes, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the first and foremost thing is to avoid "selling"; rather, share helpful information. That should gain your target audience's interest. Expect to be ignored when you do hard sales talk right away.

Second, use social network sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) intelligently. Again, do not sell. Share information that shows your expertise the products/services you offer.

Third, create a blog that tackles topics relevant to your products/services. Again, share information.

Fourth, create an e-book with the same purpose as above (^third) that people can share freely. This will increase your credibility.

Finally, make sure to manage all these. If you can't keep all, start with only one then "expand." :)

jipolis7, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  4. richardng

richardng Member

Best Answers:
    Just like in any type of marketing, focus on marketing and not overly on selling. Following are my recommended steps:
    1. Find the suitable social networking site(s) for your involvement. If you have time and resources, do involved in more than one. The key ones to choose are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and the recent Pinterest
    2. Create your profile(s)
    3. Get connection i.e. like other similar pages, follower others in similar industries etc...
    4. Provide regular updates in your social networks. Valuable and useful updates are recommended. Generally not every post should be promoting ur services/products. There is no magic number but 1 in every 5 posts with promotional stuff is acceptable.

To see the result from Social Media, you need to look at it as a long term "investment" and focus on fans engagement and relationship building instead of selling. Also, do find and pay attention to your influencer i.e. those that are your "hardcore" fans/follower who will like, comment on most of your posts.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

richardng, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  5. NellyD

NellyD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can tell you the most important things that you should NOT do. 1.) Auto DM users - they will just be annoyed 2.) Spam your sales offers and best deals 3.) Use automated scripts to post random content 4.) Don't follow people you are not interested in 5.) Don't unfollow people you followed 6.) Don't mass follow people - it looks ugly to see that you follow 2000 people and just 100 follow back. Makes you look like a spammer. What you should do to be successful is touch base with your followers, post unique content that is not just a sales pitch, interact with people, just say hello sometimes. Also retweet interesting tweets, follow people who you are interested in. Don't follow random people just so they follow you.

NellyD, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  6. Affiliatin

Affiliatin Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info, this was very useful

Affiliatin, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  7. powerlab

powerlab Peon

Best Answers:
    Hallo, es könnte von großem Vorteil sein, wenn den Mitgliedern nicht irgendetwas verkauft werden soll. Eine Community sollte von sich aus wachsen. Also gründest Du vielleicht zuerst eine kostenlose Fanpage. Bei Facebook sagt man, es sind etwa 1000 Fans notwendig, um eine Eigendynamik zu generieren. Bei kleineren Social Media Angeboten könnten es auch wesentlich weniger sein. Beispielsweise könntest Du auch Deine eigene Community gründen, beispielsweise mit Jive, Ning oder der community-engine.net . Dann könntest Du einen eigenen Youtube-Channel gründen, oder einen Twitter Account.

powerlab, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  8. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to search on Google . You will get complete steps.

OSSEO, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  9. Michael Thai

Michael Thai Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the most important with social media marketing is the relationship with the followers. It is similar to building a list of subscribers. Always offer value and get them to engage in whatever you are going to offer. Do not try too hard on selling or you might turn people off. Look at other successful social marketing campaigns and learn from them :)

Michael Thai, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  10. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Simple steps for social Media Marketing Strategy –

Know your goals for SMM > Determine your target audience > Create great content/ads/conversations > Choose your social tools > Be Social > Plan and Execute effective SMM strategy > Focus > Keep your strategies updated.

softwebsolutions, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  11. irfan.nezami

irfan.nezami Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many steps that are involved in social media marketing.At first joint social media sites, that is suitable for your site. and update your status. and post your business or non-business massage in daily basis , you can also create a campaign for your business.

irfan.nezami, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  12. sargey18

sargey18 Peon

Best Answers:
    advertise effectivly is the thing that makes or breaks most businesses
    one of the best ways to do this especially if your a home business is through social medial sights
    the reason i saythis is because you can be as specific as you want when it comes to this. For example you can choose the age, location, relationship status as well as many others; all this will help you reach your target market group. Further more if you post on groups and pages its still advertising but its free, but you have to be careful about not coming accross as spam.

If you need any help setting up the best people i found were the six figure mentors (they specialize in online marketing training) this is a free bootcamp that i found on facebook marketing I personaly found it rearly useful because of the step by step way it talks you though facebook marketing. The Bootcamp link is below and its totally free (the one on facebook is video 4)

Also it sounds stupid but have you tried youtube, the reason i recomend posting videos on here with your business websight is that youtube has something like 2 billion views a day, its free and you can link it to a facebook page about your business, show them some of your work.

Hope this helps

sargey18, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  13. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on the kind of marketing you want to do up there. Internet marketing is easy to do but hard to master. It is said about internet marketing that go where your market is. So find and focus on your potential customers.

arindamdutta16, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  14. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    - Get involved in discussions with people in social media sites, try to be helpful as much as you can.
    - Post regularly good content in those social media sites.
    - Interact with your audience on a daily basis, you main goal is to develop a relationship with them. People buy from people they like, know and trust.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Dec 20, 2012 IP