1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are your strong points?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by antonaf, Apr 24, 2005.

I myself am not a programmer. I do not program. When I need something done then I either hire someone to write the code for me or I buy a custom-made script from around the web. Though, I'm not totally lost. I do use WYSIWYG editors (FrontPage my preference) to tweak the code and make my own web pages.

With that said, I do have some strengths. I completely host my own websites and completely support my own network and systems.

I also, interact well with my website visitors. Not always direct communication, but through auto-responders, website community, newsletters, etc.

And my last strength is I believe marketing. I'm not saying I spend $10,000 dollars a month on advertising, but if faced with that responsibility then I feel I'm well prepared. I keep my ears and eyes open on the internet, like I'm sure most of us do! Knowing the next big thing is important on the web. Anyway, marketing is one of my strength because I focus on visitors, partners, and advertisers.

So what are some of your strenghts?

antonaf, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  2. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stamina :)

Solicitors Mortgages, Apr 24, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  3. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never knowing when to stop. :D

Despite all the signs. ;)

Dio, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Accepting that no problem is so large, or complicated that I can't ignore.

Perseverance.

tom

TommyD, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  5. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Stubboness and admitting I don't know as much as others

dct, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Fast as lightning ability to learn (well... Let's limit that to those subjects I'm interested in). And after that applying it correctly.

A lot of people think knowledge is power. I'd say that's bull. The correct application of gathered knowledge... That's power!

When it comes to web stuff; not-so-good (understatement) at design - more a functionality coder which ties in with systems design and marketing (selling your ideas).

T0PS3O, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  7. dct

Best Answers:
    Prove it :D, what was that blue drink called and how was it made?

dct, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am good at coming up with ideas, poor at coding and programming and in this business that is a great weakness.

Coders can carry out their ideas while a non coder can only dream about making sites work.

anthonycea, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
  10. dct

Best Answers:
    dct, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  11. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree. Though, most coders need people like us. People with ideas as well as social and marketing skills. And of course, vice versa. We need programmers for our needs. So, in actuality you can't have one without the other...or it makes a better platform when you bring your strengths to the table with someone or a group who also bring different strengths to the table and you all plan to become the next Sergey Brin & Larry Page. :) Everybody wins!!!

A weakness is only a area I have not yet explored.

antonaf, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Coders are smart people to begin with and don't need idea people as much as idea people need them.

Money people are needed more than idea people, Larry and Sergey needed money people in the beginning, not idea people.

Money people have much more faith in backing technical people versus idea people in this business.

Ideas are a dime a dozen but folks that can carry them out are not, in most cases if you have an idea for a business there are 1,000 others with the same idea, but he who can bring it into being faster gets the gold and that is the coder.

anthonycea, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  13. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    Somewhat true! But not always the case.

I'm not taking anything away from coders/programmers...I have alot of respect for them. But not every coder are extremely intelligent or full of ideas. Yes, you must have some sort of intelligence to deal with the problems coders are faced with, but just because you have a technical sense does not mean you will score high on an IQ test. It just means you have a better understanding of computers and you more than likely look at the world through a programmers eyes.

I myself is perceived as intelligent by many people I encounter because I have knowledge and know-how when it comes to computers (networking/systems administration). Friends and the alike can't understand how I make money online or how I host my own web server. I know people who think I'm intelligent and some kind of god because I know how to change their screensaver....none of this makes me intelligent nor do I claim to be overly intelligent. I just have a focus area and I am good at what I do....it took me years to learn what I have learned, but it was my dedication, determination, and persistence that separated me.

Most coders are creative but not all have ideas. Being creative is being able to design the webpages and website to look retro-cool and new age...but the idea is what the webpage/website is about. The idea behind the code. The reason the site was built. Not all coders have the ability to carry out their own ideas or have an idea to begin with. Their are millions of coders online right now awaiting other people ideas...like on scriptlance.com

Again, I'm not taking anything away from coders/programmers and I have alot of respect for them. I believe all coders/programmers are unique and exceptional. I also believe that everyone has something to offer, even if you do not have the skill to program or code. 50/50.

The person who has all the skill neccessary to be successful, such as: coder, ideas, money, marketer, social, intelligent, and creative....will be the one to prevail. But along the way, they too will need help, from some angle to really reach the top. Everybody needs help from someone regardless their situation. No one is exempt. That's my point.

antonaf, Apr 25, 2005 IP