1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What business field should i study for to become an entrepreneur?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Stachecki, Jun 22, 2011.

i start college in the fall and im pretty sure i wanna study business.
    i want to open businesses, buy apartment buildings, etc. But the term business is too vague. What is the subfield that teaches you how to open/maintain your businesses?

Stachecki, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  2. notepage

notepage Peon

Best Answers:
    The most helpful would likely be business management with a concentration/minor in marketing. Many Universities have incubators for business students who start a business that can be helpful as well.

notepage, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  3. Travis

Travis Peon

Best Answers:
    I know in California, most of the public and private universities offer a B.A./B.S. degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship -- other than that, any emphasis relating to what you want to do (IT) will be useful. Management is always a popular choice.

Travis, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  4. m0nk3yb0y

m0nk3yb0y Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I found this article online. I hope it helps you.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6058881_study-become-entrepreneur.html

Best of luck
    MB

m0nk3yb0y, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  5. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can think of the subfield after studying business for 4 years. You are asking a master program. You have to learn business first then you may study a subfield if you wish.

makeit easy, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  6. pmbrent

pmbrent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a marketing degree and the program covered all areas of business. To my knowledge there isn't a program that teaches you how to start a business form start to finish.

pmbrent, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  7. alexanderallard

alexanderallard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing and business administration.

alexanderallard, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  8. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Small Business Management

You can read some books about that.

makeit easy, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  9. anonymous479

anonymous479 Active Member

Best Answers:
    in my experience nothing can teach you how to be an entrepreneur. No class taught me how to form a corporation, find investors, run day to day operations. I would major in accounting, that is what has helped me make things happen. You'll also take some management and marketing course which will help you. But in my opinion, management or admin as a major is just a bunch of fluff.

anonymous479, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  10. jackstrand

jackstrand Peon

Best Answers:
    Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Business Management, Accounting Management, Marketing or anything related to business. Always bear in mind that you don't need to be a business graduate so that you can be a successful businessman. All you need is basic knowledge then you can work from then.

jackstrand, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  11. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for MBA in marketing.

Icecube_media, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  12. ncsalestrainer

ncsalestrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with anonymous479: no course out there can teach you how to be an entrepreneur. A Business Admin. background and maybe in your case a real estate license will give you some tools, but much of it is personal temperament and the "school of hard knocks." Many people are adverse to risk and want a stable income, so they get a job. Some people can handle or even like risk, and they can become entrepreneurs. Additionally, entrepreneurs usually have to be pretty well-rounded, so getting lots of experience in different fields (even within business, like Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.) can be useful for you to get a handle on what is going on as your company expands. There are some postsecondary institutions that are doing good things for students, UNCW's Entrepreneurship Center is a good example. However, there's no substitute for getting out there and making things happen...and learning from the results.

ncsalestrainer, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  13. roshanindia

roshanindia Member

Best Answers:
    Entrepreneurship is a spirit within you. If you have the right confidence and passion for entrepreneurship, Then you will surely succeed. You dont require a degree but experience matters the most.

We have successful entrepreneurs who have not even passed their high school education.These people challenged the impossible and their will power brought them towards success. But yes, If you still want to study something, you can try masters in engineering management.

roshanindia, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  14. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's either business administration or business management you need to study but you can't learn how to be an entrepreneur it's a way of thinking and this won't be teached on collages.

Sensei.Design, Sep 29, 2011 IP