1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can be printed to be resold for a profit?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aab1, Sep 30, 2012.

Years ago I got a large business inkjet printer for my business and connected it to 1 liter ink bottles so it could print at about 1% the cost per page of a laser printer, I was able to run a printing service while both having incredibly competitive prices and a huge profit margin. After 5 years of use I replaced the inkjet with a high end color laser copier which is great for my other businesses but due to the much higher cost per page of laser prints I had to shut down the printing business as no one is willing to pay the price for laser prints (I knew I was sacrificing my printing business by getting a laser printer).

However, I was wondering what else I could use the printer for to make money, for example I was thinking of maybe designing and printing calendars or something like that.

Does anyone have ideas of things I can print to resell for a profit?

What I mostly use the printer for is to print a book I wrote myself and self-publish, so I guess one obvious answer is "write more books", and I do have a new one on the way, but I'm looking for things that are a bit less time consuming than writing an entire book.

Thanks

aab1, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  2. AlwaysSucceed

AlwaysSucceed Member

Best Answers:
    T-Shirts & clothing for a cheap price in china.

AlwaysSucceed, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  3. Mustang^Viper

Mustang^Viper Peon

Best Answers:
    Designing business cards, calendars, custom fliers, anything you can think of !!

Mustang^Viper, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  4. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    Offer people to print out their books as a service.

Offer some artists to create their own X, buy the X in bulk, add Y for profit.
    X - can be anything. T-shirts, calendars, posters, coffee cups, etc.
    Y - your printing service. You can also get a margin from simply selling the t-shirts with your print work.
    You can market this as "Sell your own X on E-Bay".

You can do something similar with guides. Offer people to print out guides and tell them that they can sell em somewhere.

Also, try searching who needs laser printing. I think laser printers are expensive and I also think architects sometimes need em for 3d pics (not sure tho), so if there is a new office of some sorts opening they might want to hold on to purchasing a laser printer, but still need the laser printing.

MrBeLu, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  5. SimplyDigitalHosting

SimplyDigitalHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know how big or specs your printer have but try "Art Work"

Good Luck!

SimplyDigitalHosting, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  6. Eve_Unbound

Eve_Unbound Member

Best Answers:
    Some ideas:

Marketing materials for local businesses
    T-shirt transfers (and other transfers)
    Catalogs

Wow, this is tougher than I thought it'd be!

Eve_Unbound, Oct 6, 2012 IP
    atty12 likes this.
  7. AnnieLeeLee

AnnieLeeLee Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say catalogs. Make sure that they know they to have used computers to create a prototype before they send it to you, then print it for a reasonable price.

AnnieLeeLee, Oct 7, 2012 IP