1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What CMS really is???

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by supermario, Aug 20, 2006.

Hello everybody out there!!!

Hey, I am new to CMS, and I don't know anything about CMS.

I right now only make content websites, with simple HTML.

Could anybody tell me what CMS really is???
    how can CMS help me in my website making.

Can I also make content websites throught CMS (which I right now make throught HTML)

Please guide in in detail, about them...:)

Thanks

supermario, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  2. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    CMS is just content management the page you edit through html can be displayed in your own manner with CMS ,some articles or sth can be manage in your own way whether to display or not in front page or where you'ld like it to display ,it will all do the work your just create content this is easy and fast way of making site online,i my view

010081, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. stressbattle

stressbattle Peon

Best Answers:
    CMS stands for Content Management System. With a cms like Wordpress, you can basically add content to your site without having to code and upload html files in order to publish a new content.

The best way to learn CMS would be to actually implement it. Go to Wordpress Website to download the app. Set your local machine to support Apache and PHP. Have wordpress installed, then you can start configuring your site, especially to include your adsense ads.

You will also need a place to host Wordpress. Now since you're still learning, you wouldn't want to pay for the hosting, so you can go with free hosting for the time being. Check out Free Web Hosting by Awardspace

Hope it helps...

stressbattle, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. supermario

supermario Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what about joomla, what is that...

could anyone tell me what are the benefits of using "joomla or any other cms" over a website designed through simple HTML and dreamweaver???

supermario, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's another powerful CMS. Although with same restriction as with other CMS's. You will be able to modify only the header and footer files (basically template) to make your site look unique. For other changes, you will either have to know PHP yourself, or hire a programmer to customise the script for you.
    About dreamweaver, it's better to learn html and have full control of your site than depend on a software to build it for you...

The best way would be to have a site built in html and php, then install wordpress for a blog and use it for news, updates etc... Many webmasters do this, including me. :D
    Bye :)

JEET, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  6. nita_nitd

nita_nitd Active Member

Best Answers:
    visit opensourcecms.com you ll get all the informations

nita_nitd, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  7. jimmylee

jimmylee Guest

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is not a CMS..... is for blogging

jimmylee, Aug 25, 2006 IP