1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What CMS should i use or should i create and use custom PHP script?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by csreference, Oct 24, 2010.

One of my friend is creating a website where he will be providing glitter graphics and other such graphics for community websites like myspace, tagged, orkut. So basically it will have many categories and standard sizes graphics with its code to use in message box. I hope you understand what i mean.

I never saw any such website using CMS, so i need your help if you know if i can use any CMS? Or should i really go for custom PHP script?

csreference, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  2. Suukai

Suukai Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen drupal used for this kind of site.

Suukai, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  3. csreference

csreference Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? i mean i already started creating a custom script..lol considering what i came across after some internet research.

csreference, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  4. Apurba

Apurba Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand your requirement. Custom PHP coding is best for your solutions because one open source does not support all your requirement.

Apurba, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. csreference

csreference Member

Best Answers:
    Fine, i am on my way to complete the script. I am not looking to make it very advanced but currently it revolves around adding categories and uploaders from admin section and simple yet secure image upload script.

csreference, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  6. Apurba

Apurba Peon

Best Answers:
    We are also currently working in social networking site. www dot infospace dot infosolz dot com
    Not completed yet. Please check.
    Thanks
    Apurba

Apurba, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  7. adi12

adi12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    actually it depends on how complex you want this script. if you want to be similar to facebook's functionality than you won't find an already made script with ease. if you want something complex than my advice is to find a programmer or a team of programmers to build it from scratch.

adi12, Nov 9, 2010 IP