1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do I have to do to make my online business legally runing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Majo0od, Mar 2, 2010.

Hi guys,
    What do I have to do in order to have my online business legally work? So there are no issues with anything going on? My site is offering a service that people can make money for doing something, they don't have to buy anything, but it will be an option.

What do I do?

What are the steps?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Majo0od

Majo0od, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    You dont always have to register yourself as a business, if your selling products locally or your income exceeds $2000 per month from one website, then i would register your business for Limited Liability if its available in your country.

I have run a few large sites and i have not registered as a business, i didn't see the need too - as i was reselling a product for another company. I did register my business when i started working on customers server systems, if something goes wrong while working on the server systems - I cannot be sued as an individual, the company will be sued though.

So it all really depends on how risky your business is, if your doing serious business and/or selling product of high value - register your business.

Best of luck for your future in business :)

FavouritesBlog, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I recommend this to everyone. As would your CPA. (This can vary by country and state)

Open Up MailBox Plus Box for Business Mail.
    Register a D.B.A. at your local county clerk's office ($25.00 approximately)
    Open a Business Bank Account with DBA Paperwork ($25.00 min. deposit)
    Get Business Checks and Card. ($14-17.00 typically)
    Once Business Takes Off, File for LLC and Fed Tax ID. ($250-500.00)

Doing it this way protects you. You want to separate your business from your personal expenses and income. This is for both tax purposes as well as liability. The second half is to keep you from having to give out your SSN to every affiliate program or business on the web. You can provide them your own company's tax ID. Keeping yours protected.

Now, that said, you will have many who will chime in you do not need to do this, they didn't, and so forth. That's fine. You do not need to have insurance to drive a car after the initial purchase. But this is about protecting yourself, and your assets. Including your SSN.

Good luck.

Barefootsies, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  4. oscargrp

oscargrp Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info :)

oscargrp, Mar 3, 2010 IP