1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do I Need to Know to Send a Newsletter?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Anim9or, Oct 30, 2011.

Hi, I am a Facebook app developer who would like to inform people who gave their email address from my last app that a new one is available. However, I've never done this before. I have about 1,000 email addresses. I was wondering what the best way to do this is. I was just going to send them through my host email account but I remember reading if you send too many emails at once, email clients automatically consider them spam. Does anyone know away to prevent this? Or can anyone recommend a good newsletter service? Preferable free, since I only plan on doing this once.

Anim9or, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  2. rajni12

rajni12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use separate email server rather than your official main server. Don't send many emails at a time. Use software which you can set your time which mail will be sent one after 10-15 seconds. That would not be counted spam mail. If the time gap of sending 2 mails is less than 10 seconds then it might be junk or spam.

rajni12, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  3. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Newsletter normally for new product or service announcement, and prefer to blast only once daily. Why not update your new release on your blog/facebook account? I think that would be more appropriate and not that spammy.

ExaMike, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  4. InstantPH

InstantPH Peon

Best Answers:
    There are also company's that offer email marketing services. They take care of sending your newsletters to your subscribers so you don't have to. You simply need to provide an emailing list. Try searching Google for Email Marketing. That should give you a few useful results.

InstantPH, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  5. A2ZITWebmaster

A2ZITWebmaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use use various public domain(s) to send the emails and divide them into sets (may be in 50s or 100s). While sending emails, use BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) option ONLY, this will not just help to maintain the privacy (recipients are invisible to all the other recipients) but will drop your mail in the recipients' inbox. (I have already Tried & Tested it.)

A2ZITWebmaster, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  6. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    swasa, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  7. Samrixe

Samrixe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why dont you try commercial products like aweber? its really nice, simple and easily configurable

Samrixe, Nov 16, 2011 IP
    TedPeterson likes this.