1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you know about real estate.?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Deepak_Kotian, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That may be the case in the US but the OP is in India. Down here in NZ a property manager doesn't live onsite - it's an actual profession and you get paid a very good salary.

sarahk, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  2. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have a valid point, I didnt check the op`s location. Just read the persons question, with real estate. As for being property manager in NZ, thats even better! Make that $$$ :)

James Byun, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  3. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a little bit involved in real estate business and have some experience in London's real estate scene.

What I can tell you is that there is a A LOT of money in it, definitely a lot of ways to make cash. But its VERY stressful. I was working as room broker in London in a company that managed houses. The managers were stressed a lot, they had to cover the rent for few weeks if someone didn't had money, etc. To be successful in real estate you must know how to sell and do it with pressure. Its a bit shady actually. I got trained to setup multiple viewings at the same time, just to pressure the people to take the very much over priced rooms.

Another thing about real estate industry is that it will NEVER die. People will ALWAYS need places to live at, and there are more of us every day. The market is growing and will keep on growing forever.

If you have the killer instinct and are prepared to work 10-12 hours a day you can be VERY successful and rich in real estate. But I don't think you can get involved easily from internet marketing perspective.

MrBeLu, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Any employer who expects staff to cover for the non-payment of their clients is a crook - from wait staff who have to pay when diners do a runner through to this. Non-payment is a fact of life and there should be procedures in place for how to handle it. The staff member should never be liable, however a higher rate of non-payment may lead to a performance review and "being let go".

sarahk, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  5. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    "I'm sorry Mr.Homeowner, I know our company won your business by promising the rent 100% on the 5. of each month, but unfortunately someone can't pay"
    If you say that as property manager you wont make it.

Also AFAIK the managers are more like franchisees with their own companies. I assume they have money reserve. But its still stressful.

I agree that asking waiters to pay for dinner runners is ridiculous thought, but waiters are not comparable to property managers.

MrBeLu, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  6. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I was the real estate investor, esp of that particular property, I`d be thinking on re-hiring another "property managers" and network with the real estate company.

James Byun, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess it depends on the business culture of the local market.

Down here if the rent isn't collected the PM doesn't get their % cut. Property Managers are notorious for leaving properties empty while they wait for the perfect tenant because that is less work than chasing a bad tenant. Landlords who self manage take a few more risks but don't mind chasing slow paying tenants. Helps, I guess, that tenants pay weekly or fortnightly so the problem becomes visible more quickly and if the landlord has to take a loss it will be less.

sarahk, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  8. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now a days real estate business growing very fast and its the best option for the people to investment. It is the best way for the people to earn more money in short and long terms. Real estate property price increase fast so the its very profitable for the people to invest in it.

gregortarquin, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  9. pavitrabalse07

pavitrabalse07 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In real estate business the person will buy and sell the sites as well as house. They acts as an intermediary to buyer and seller.

pavitrabalse07, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  10. Rich Infra

Rich Infra Member

Best Answers:
    Real Estate Business is a good process to earn money. You can Invest In real estate industry to get a good return.

Rich Infra, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  11. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    The job market is sluggish in the US, and were in a global recession, so just a bit lost here. Where is the "very fast and its the best option".

James Byun, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  12. Rich Infra

Rich Infra Member

Best Answers:
    Real Estate Market is a evergreen market, you can earn a lot of money with this business by making invest in real estate, working as a real estate agent of commercial property and residential property.

Rich Infra, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  13. Adeel.ahmed233

Adeel.ahmed233 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of many investment principles I learned from Robert Kiyosaki is 'Cash flow is much important than price appreciation' so make your decisions on rental income rather than hopes of price appeciation.

Adeel.ahmed233, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  14. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I know real estate policies differs according to places. So, for better discussion, it will be nice to discus about a specific place.

Bigbash, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  15. anurag355

anurag355 Peon

Best Answers:
    By Real Estate we mean property. Property is of many types as the property dealer who deals in selling and buying a property like residential property, commercial property, studio apartments and house on rent as well. I know about one of property dealing website www.propertyindices.com , which deals the property in India in the region of Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida and Faridabad. If you want to search any property then you can simply visit the website.

anurag355, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  16. robinonaf

robinonaf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buying and selling homes are basically related to real estate. The positive aspects of it to get portfolio in terms of positive cash flow . It allows you to attain higher returns from your property.
    http://valueofproperty.tumblr.com

robinonaf, Mar 13, 2013 IP