1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What hosting do i need?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Clowgon, Feb 23, 2011.

I am launching a cross boarder website for news, a image upload area, flash games area, wallpaper section, cam section, general forum, question and answer's section (similar to yahoo) phpfox section - marketplace for ebooks, section for sports and gamers

I want to get the best hosting as possible, i will be using godaddy for this.

What do you do you reckon i need, Virtual dedicated server, or a dedicated server with perhaps, 1 - 3 million page views per month?

Also what package do i need to go with,

http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/virtual-dedicated-servers.aspx?isc=gdz227a&ci=9013

http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/dedicated-servers.aspx?isc=gdz227a&ci=9014

I want the whole site to run as efficent as possible, then again, i don't want to be chucking away money that is not needed.

and are these easy to run? vds/ds do you reckonmend me getting a backup plan incase anything goes wrong?

Thanks

Clowgon, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  2. Potatomoto

Potatomoto Peon

Best Answers:
    You should start small, and upgrade as you require more space and bandwidth. Efficiency depends more on the framework of the website than the host.

Potatomoto, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  3. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    True, i guess your right, best to start small and just upgrade if needed to be.

Clowgon, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For this kind of website, you need to start with at least VPS.

But I will not recommend you used VPS from GD.

mentos, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  5. lothos

lothos Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use godaddy for hosting. I would suggest starting with hostgator or justhost. Check out the site in my sig for free coupons to use.

lothos, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  6. Potatomoto

Potatomoto Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are serious about getting a VPS I would do a little research on webhostingtalk.com. There's a lot of information on reputable hosts.

Potatomoto, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree don't use GD and start with a VPS from a better VPS hosting company.

micksss, Feb 24, 2011 IP