1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is a nulled script?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ientrepreneur, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    You have very good reason to worry. ;)

That is yet another reason to NEVER use a nulled script! There may be some very nasty "surprises" inside.

Not only the script, but sites that carry these types of scripts themselves often are booby-trapped!

Just because the script is "nulled" from the original creator doesn't mean that it doesn't have, say, a call out to something else that could prove malicious.

JUST. DON'T. DO IT.

Bratzilla, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best stay away from nulled scripts, lol

Scoty, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with what the majority said.

A nulled script is where a person removed certain security features, such as call-back functions, ownership marks, etc. to use the script illegally. The script will then be distributed in places such as Warez forums.

Many people involved in nulling scripts may add backdoors or some malicious code. They can play on your server or use it for illegal activities. Some scripts can also be used to collect your visitors' personal identifiable information.

Using these scripts is illegal. The coding is copyrighted to the writer thereof. The writer only needs to proof certain lines of coding or functions that are similar to that in a nulled script, and the user is busted. Unless the whole coding is changed, usually the writers easilly identify their scripts.

The majority of hosting providers will simply shut down a website and suspend the hosting account if an owner of a script reports the usage of a nulled script. In some instances the owner can proceed with criminal or civil charges.

My advise is to stay clear from these scripts. When your website gets busy you are bound to be caught.

Rian, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I once used a nulled fileuploading script and found c99.php (Gives shell access to the server) hidden in the folder.
    never touched a nulled script again. Too much risk in my opinion. Just pay for the script.

Dollar, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  5. EverestTech

EverestTech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well Dollar's first reply was a bit funny and made me smile but very true most of the nullers will include trojans like c99 shell but that's a different thing before worrying about this you should not think of using nulled scripts, coz they are 100% illegal and you will be busted :D

don't search for nulled script, just buy your copy and earn from it :)

EverestTech, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  6. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Ultimately, nothing is new under the sun. A lot of these scripts people "null" are ironically using freely available PHP classes and code you can readily find from Hotscripts. PHP Classes (.org), etc. Just learn PHP 5 and OOP concepts, get GNU/GPL readily available code bases, and roll your own! Or, get a freely available CMS and make your own extensions for it. In the end, you're better off. ;)

I still laugh at these "encrypted" scripts when I know for a fact many if not most are built on GNU/GPL sources. :D

Bratzilla, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  7. lauriejones

lauriejones Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a free script with a lot backdoor in it :)

lauriejones, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  8. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once every so often our customers are asking us how come on some websites our software is sold at a fraction of price or is even free. They further ask how come they have to pay for the software if they can download it for free. Those questions are legitimate and deserve a separate article below. Many potential customers share one or more of the six common myths about the use of nulled scripts. Let us take a closer look at those myths in our article about nulled scripts.

WorksForWeb, May 15, 2010 IP
  9. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nulled scripts oftenly have basic security functions removed. So, it’s not only callbacks, license keychecks or ownership logos stuff. Since there’s no free lunch, „creators“ of such packages tends to put their own stuff into. From my own expierence dealing with clients websites, it can be backlinks (for boosting nullers or affiliated websites Google PR/Yandex тИЦ positions), ads codes (banners advertising), automated articles/news grabbers, dumpers of website’s users E-Mail addresses for spam, or simply backdoors/Trojans.

In some cases, even freshly installed website can have unknown users with admin privileges within website. Coders of nulls takes no responsibility for proper working of script whatsoever. By using nulls, in most cases you have no support from author of script. This also can have negative impact on willing to help from legit script fanbase, if you’re having any problems. Spam scripts (like Xrummer, etc.) is also known to penetrate most nulled websites quite easily, writing news/comments directly to DB w/o even quessing Capctha’s code.

A problem is ripped/altered templates issue, especially for such systems as WordPress, particularly Mambo/Joomla. Watch out for third parties modules or hacks. Having bookmarks to original authors websites or knowing where they usually posts their code is a good tip.

By paying for licenses people supports further development of scripts, operational costs of official script website, it’s support forum and personnel. As for tracing down nulled websites by efforts of original scripts authors, now it’s easy to do. No one knows better than author, where which code is placed and to write abuse mail is one minute thing, when transferring website to another hoster and DNS refresh takes hours or days.

Also, I have not seen there even mentioning of scripts Demo versions. Some authors allows legitimate removal of backlinks to their sites from basic (standard) templates as well after purchase. As for “old version for free” concept, it’s used for PHP-Nuke CMS for promotional purposes, but this has nothing to do with Nulled scripts - doing so would be stealing from your and collegues own pockets. So, it’s a myth, nothing more.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
    AlcVitRes, May 15, 2010 IP
  10. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    hacked version of script

jamuna, May 15, 2010 IP
  11. Fusie

Fusie Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it`s true that 99,99% of them does not work properly, But there is some nulled scripts which are better then original. Some of nulled scripts are fixed and works better, I saw that thing once ;)

Fusie, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  12. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, must be that 0.01% of all cases :p

Live example in DLE differences (Original vs Nulled)
    engine/inc/dumper.php alone misses 6 lines of
    code (not comments) in v8.5 UTF-8 null version.
    + I'm not even talking about bunch of rest files..

AlcVitRes, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  13. kaburulu

kaburulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Nulled scripts free Nulled scripts you can find here in my signature

kaburulu, Nov 2, 2010 IP