1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is CMS? and do I need it?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by TCR, Apr 6, 2006.

Ok, I have a vauge idea of what cms is, but I am not really sure. My understanding is that it is a system where I make the changes to my pages thru the cms and it makes sure all is formatted etc? Grr, I dont know. I just know that I am getting frustrated.

edit: no one works on my site but me. I have a single site, where I replace 3 articles and some other info each day, if that matters. I just want things to be easier.

TCR, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  2. Canada Web Design

Canada Web Design Active Member

Best Answers:
    cms = content management system, it makes things somewhat easier and if you do not know html then i would recommend a cms for you website as it does everything for you... type and away you go, however cms do limit your sites capabilities if you dont know how to modify it

Canada Web Design, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  3. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the simplest? I was thinking text pattern, it looked like it had a straight forward interface.

TCR, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  4. VISTREL

VISTREL Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend two - Joomla and MKPortal. The last one is easy to use also it has built-in gallery, and downloads module. However, it does not have SEO links yet but there are some mods.

VISTREL, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  5. zefefre

zefefre Peon

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress and I think its quite simple :D

zefefre, Apr 7, 2006 IP
  6. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    my site is www.thecramerreport.com

do you think it can be intergrated with cms? I use mostly tables now, does cms work better or strictly with css?

TCR, Apr 7, 2006 IP