1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is digital etiquette and how can I follow it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Charles devis, May 17, 2023.

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the digital world and I want to make sure that I am following the proper etiquette. I have heard the term "digital etiquette" or "netiquette" before, but I am not sure what it means. Can someone please explain what digital etiquette is and how I can follow it?

I did some research and found out that digital etiquette is a basic set of rules that you should follow to make the internet a better place for yourself and for others. Just like there are rules of etiquette in real life, there are also rules you should follow while online. Some examples of digital etiquette include treating others with courtesy and respect, knowing your audience and communicating accordingly, and avoiding posting inflammatory or offensive comments online.

I also found some tips on how to follow digital etiquette. For example, make sure your identification is clear in all communications, avoid using all caps (which is considered shouting), and avoid posting anything that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see. Additionally, be careful when sharing personal information, photos, or videos online, and always give credit when using someone else's work.

Overall, digital etiquette is about being respectful and considerate of others while online. By following these basic rules, we can all help make the internet a better place. Do you have any other tips or suggestions for following digital etiquette?

Please share them in the comments below. Thank you!

Charles devis, May 17, 2023 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Turn off your computer and go for a 1 hour walk once a year.

Kerosene, Jul 4, 2023 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So, you stuffed up on your first post. I suspect what you meant to do was post your question and come back later with a different (but equally new) account and post your chatgpt answer with the bold text linking to whatever site you're being paid to spam.

Netiquette says don't spam. Our forum rules say one account per person, and don't spam.

sarahk, Jul 4, 2023 IP
    Kerosene likes this.