1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best CMS for a membership site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ad90, Nov 25, 2010.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a simple membership website where people register and get a free 3 day trial, then they subscribe for 1 year (via PayPal) if they want to continue.

The website will have flash games and these flash games should only be accessed by those who have subscribed and logged in.

I also need a way to make sure the flash games are secure and can't be downloaded anywhere (if this is even possible?)...

Does anyone know the best way to get this done? Do you think its best to get a custom CMS or are there scripts out there that can do this? I don't mind paying.

Thanks.

ad90, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  2. keeponfalling

keeponfalling Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can start with dolphin the free version and dzoic and social engine the last two are paid...

keeponfalling, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  3. .data

.data Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a free flash game site, then get a developer to edit it slightly, if it is popular you will get your money back easily.

.data, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  4. siteguy85

siteguy85 Peon

Best Answers:
    though i've never made a membership site with drupal, I have made a very involved community site and you have a great deal of control of permissions in drupal

siteguy85, Dec 14, 2010 IP
  5. donhopkin

donhopkin Peon

Best Answers:
    I think drupal is a good choice, as I have been a member of quiet a few website based on drupal. One feature that I liked the most is that if somebody tries to download a file on their server, it asks for username and password, EVEN if they have a full url path of that file. So, i guess it suites you the best.
    If someone else suggests you any other alternative, please give that cms a fair chance to compete wth drupal as I have not experienced the same feature with other cms out there.

donhopkin, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  6. SuperDoctor80

SuperDoctor80 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think drupal is a good choice

SuperDoctor80, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  7. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Another good choice is to make a Wordpress based arcade theme (I know they have image gallery themes now which are pretty close to what you would need) and then use the Amember plugin. I believe it does cost money, but I've had experience with it and it seemed to be just fine.

mezner, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  8. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried doing a phrase & exact match search in Google for what you desire to start?

EngineerofSuccess, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  9. backlinkexcellence

backlinkexcellence Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go with wordpress as well and use membership plugins like amember or wishlist member. You can time-release these games based on configurations you did in the plugins, well worth it imo.

As for protecting the games, I doubt there is anything you can do. Everyone can just view the sourcecode and find the game's files. Or was that not what you meant with protection?

backlinkexcellence, Dec 19, 2010 IP
  10. Dalyinx

Dalyinx Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try Drupal, maybe Joomla.

Dalyinx, Dec 20, 2010 IP
  11. getbestproduct

getbestproduct Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is the best one.

getbestproduct, Dec 22, 2010 IP