1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best / easiest way to make an image transparent? (remove white)

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by AngelaR, Jan 5, 2008.

Hi there,

I need to know the easiest way to make a complete image transparent. I have a couple ways, but they just aren't time efficient, and I need to change a bunch of images w/ white backgrounds to transparent ones.

I have tried downloading the Remove White Action but that doesn't work very well when you try to save the graphic, etc.

I know about using the Lasso Tool to outline, and then extract as well. But that in itself is a huge time consumer.

There just has to be an easier way.. Can you use a Mask?? I am using Photoshop 7.0.

If someone could point me in the right direction with some detailed instructions I would be forever grateful!

-Angela

AngelaR, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  2. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    best way is to cut it out yourself zooming in close using the lasso tool and eraser.

There is no quick way to do this! If you want quick you will never get quality for a process like this.

remember to save as .GIF

Lethal7, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  3. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    Lethal7: I know there is a different way to do it rather than using the lasso tool. I read about it on a website before and you need to use a mask or something like that. I will try and find the source, because I know it works especially for large images.

AngelaR, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use masking you will still have to go through the same process of using the lasso tool to cut all the way round the image.

Lethal7, Jan 5, 2008 IP