1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best program to use for simple membership site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by the_gallery, Apr 15, 2007.

I am starting a membership site, or rather moving my existing site to a new domain as well as changing the entire format of my site. I need help deciding which program or script I should use.

My website currently is a membership site, which has a section for members to access which features a directory of wholesale sources. I need to be able to add profiles in this directory and links to the websites. I need to be able to easily add many profiles under specific categories...

This site is supposed to be a paid membership site, but I also need to have a blog and a forum included.

Any suggestions??

the_gallery, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally recommend Amember - it integrates with forums and you can add multiple profiles and user levels etc.

I tested out the 30 day trial and it's easier to install than an e-mail form script - for me, anyway! :)

Pete

GADOOD, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  3. san321

san321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you use joomla? Will let you blog/forum as well as having extensions that manage subscriptions.

san321, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  4. maroon_cool

maroon_cool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go with Joomla you can bridge an forum(IPB,VBulletin,SMF) and with some extensions you can make a membership site.Good Luck !

maroon_cool, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  5. dsendecki

dsendecki Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally used Joomla wih Community Builder and PHPbb, although you can pretty much use any forum.

Check out http://www.joomlapolis.com/

Great component for Joomla.

dsendecki, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  6. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found Joomla to be a little hard to learn, and also I am not trying to create a community website, more like a directory with paid membership, I need to move my site from my current hosting with an instant website to a fully customizable site.

the_gallery, Apr 18, 2007 IP