1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best software to start with for a data driven collectibles site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by TenPercenter, Aug 29, 2009.

I am wanting to start a new site centered around a niche collectible. This site will allow other users to upload data and images about each unique item. It would need to be highly searchable based on any/all of the criteria saved for each item (size, weight, origin, color, etc). I'd want to host thumbnail images as well as hi-rez images for each item. I'd want to automatically watermark the images even when users uploaded them without watermarks.

The purpose of the site would be for collectors to see the items that are missing, and basically research their favorite collectibles. Someday later we will introduce affiliate ads or maybe eBay (EPN) and possible revenue sharing with the data uploaders. Maybe incorporate a classifieds or trading section.

Here's my question: Are there stock software choices for such a beast or should I hire a design from scratch?

TenPercenter, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. outrefranc

outrefranc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Photopost software.

outrefranc, Aug 30, 2009 IP