1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way for a new site to get started and how do you get followers/fans?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AJWebTraffic, Dec 5, 2011.

Just starting out with social networking for a business and was wondering what's the best way to start and what kind of different strategies do you guys use to get followers/fans and talk about your product? I prefer not to spam anyone.

AJWebTraffic, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  2. iWantMuzik

iWantMuzik Member

Best Answers:
    try sites that exchange fans for free

iWantMuzik, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  3. AJWebTraffic

AJWebTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by exchange fans? Since I just started, I currently do not have any fans to exchange.

AJWebTraffic, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  4. interkiwiwebdevelopers

interkiwiwebdevelopers Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment I am mainly using backlink building, blog commenting and social networking to get traffic for my site/s. If you have Facebook pages, sites with Google +1 button, and Twitter, you might find these sites useful in getting likes, follows, and +1's...

http://www.youlikehits.com/
    http://www.likespal.com/
    http://www.likeviews.com/
    http://getlikes.eu/
    http://letusfollow.com/

I have used numerous sites like these and notice some of them look very similar towards each other... Am trying to think of a footprint for these sites I can use to search for more of them in Google.

I also have noticed something awesome with Facebook likes (I know this has been right in front of me for years, but only just took notice in the last few weeks) is that for every person/page that likes your page, your updates will be shown on their walls. So if you have 200 likes for a page your updates will show on 200 peoples walls (unless they block your updates etc).

interkiwiwebdevelopers, Dec 7, 2011 IP
  5. Sharon Martin

Sharon Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    A few ways of increasing fans and followers of your social networking profiles
    1. Create an interesting profile using your Business name (prefer NOT to use your niche as your username)
    2. Publish quality wall posts (informative, engrossing and try to add fun angle into it)
    3. Join niche related groups and invite people to join your community
    4. Respond to comments and requests responsibly
    5. Handle criticism with good spirit (do not delete negative comments, in fact use them to strengthen your credibility)
    6. Facebook is very active channel (if you missed to respond on time, you may lose the game)
    7. Talk about your website and provide a website link wherever required (but do not throw it everywhere on your wall)

Sharon Martin, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  6. indianseocompany

indianseocompany Peon

Best Answers:
    Good content and interaction would definitely get you good amount of followers/fans.

indianseocompany, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  7. AJWebTraffic

AJWebTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for their great suggestions! Will try them out!

AJWebTraffic, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  8. emily.w

emily.w Peon

Best Answers:
    Good content and introduce offers to catch their attention...

emily.w, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  9. olivera

olivera Peon

Best Answers:
    try the fan exchange sites, or to get a quick amount of likes to your page fast, you can always buy likes from a service provider like rocketfacebookfans.com

olivera, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  10. BigBetClub

BigBetClub Peon

Best Answers:
    Follow people that are following others, they are likely to follow you back.

BigBetClub, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  11. cashcars

cashcars Peon

Best Answers:
    craete profiles on social bookmarking sites and follow and join groups helps you to increase your fans..

cashcars, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  12. jerryvannorman@gmail.com

jerryvannorman@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    To get more likes in Facebook, your page should have unique content and your ads should be interesting that visitor would like to read or avail your products. Also there some technique that would probably help to increase the traffic of your website like Social Bookmarking, Social Media, Blog Commenting and many others.