1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the process of selling on eBay??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by akramweb, Aug 20, 2011.

Dou you describe what process and how is sell on eBay? What is requirement or essential for selling eBay.

akramweb, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  2. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    u need paypal account!! telephone verification, credit card and depends where you live? which part of the world

sarhad12, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  3. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for the technical requirements for setting up an account (which Sarhad has covered very nicely), or did you actually want selling techniques & methods of encouraging plenty of buyers?

Golden Touch, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  4. sraheja

sraheja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i need to know that techniques which will encourage buyers to buy my products

sraheja, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  5. sraheja

sraheja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    contact me if you know some..

sraheja, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  6. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    You may have to provide good products for cheapest cost. Remember that selling on eBay is too much competitive these days. There are so many people offering the services, selling products for lower prices. You may also publish the products as Featured listings. If you want more sells, do offline marketing too, share your product's page URL on FB, in forum signatures and wherever you can. Make sure that you are selling the product which is on demand.

alexdoerr, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  7. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are four basic types of listings: pure auctions, reserve auctions, auctions with buy-it-now option, and fixed price listings. All of the types have their benefits and drawbacks. Which one you choose depends on the nature of your goods and the situation you are in.

Pure auctions set a low starting bid like one cent or some other nominal amount. The main benefit of a pure auction is that you know your item will sell. The main drawback is that you are not sure how much money you will end up getting. But while you might stay up at night worrying about someone “stealing” your lot for a bargain price, there is an upside to the uncertainty. You are not putting a ceiling on how much it can fetch. You might have something that is more desirable than you think, and you can let the buyers do the dirty work of driving up the price. Also, the low starting price can tempt a lot of people to flag your auction as a potential bargain. Once they become interested, they might get tunnel vision and bid more on your goods than the price available from other sellers. This desire to win the object of their attention is the auction mentality, and it is very helpful to Christie’s and Sotheby’s, so it might as well be helpful to you. My advice is to use pure auctions for high-end collectibles or other unique items that do not appear on ebay often. If you do it right, you might see 20 or 30 bids before the end. A high number of bids catches the attention of those searching the listings.

Reserve auctions put no ceiling on the price, but there is a floor. You have the option of starting an auction with a high minimum that all can see or a low starting bid and a secret reserve that will not be known until it is met. Some people like secret reserves because the bid count can build as people try to meet the reserve. My experience is that reserves scare a lot of people off. My personal preference, when I need to have a price floor, is to just start the bidding at that level. It doesn’t waste people’s time that way. The major drawback to listings with a price floor is that people who see your listing might just pass on it immediately because it doesn’t look like a bargain. As I mentioned above, bargains can get people interested in your item, and there is a very real chance they will put in a competitive bid due to the psychological attachment that has built over a few days. I would recommend reserve auctions for an item that you would truly would rather keep if you can’t get a certain price out of it. Also, if you sell on consignment, someone might insist on a minimum. Finally, there might be an item that has a very thin market. If there are only a handful of buyers out there that want your item, some of them might miss your item and some of them might not have the money to buy it. If there is only one bidder willing to pay a fair price, look out because he is going to “steal” it. You need at least two serious bidders, since the hammer price is just a small increment above the second-highest bid.

Auctions with Buy It Now are an interesting hybrid of auction and sale. There are two major advantages to offering the Buy It Now option. First of all, it will serve buyers who can’t or don’t want to wait for the listing to end. You get a good price and turn your inventory over faster. The second reason is that it forces a decision from a buyer before the end. Anyone who wants to wait will run the risk of another buyer taking the item away at a bargain price. If you choose this option, don’t start the bidding at a penny. The Buy It Now option goes away when someone places a bid, so someone who wants to think about it can kill off the risk of losing it by putting in an initial bid of one cent. Set your starting bid at a low but significant price. Set the BIN at a level that is a little high but not completely overpriced. If experience shows that a video game is fetching $40, start the bidding at $30 with a BIN of $45, for example. Types of items for this kind of listing are somewhat distinctive but common enough for you to have a good idea of the market value.

The final way to sell on ebay is the fixed price listing consisting of nothing but a BIN price with no auction feature. This is best for items where the market value is well-known and you have a lot of the item to sell. You can sell an item one at a time or list the total quantity available in a single listing. This leaves open the chance that someone will buy more than one at a time. Just be sure to price it right or you will either leave money on the table or never sell anything.

Source: http://wifasso.com/ebay/Selling.htm

jhardy2008, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  8. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:

you get call from their automated machine who gives your verifcation number 4 digit and when you type that and click next you will be verified to sell on ebay until your not varified you wont be able to sell.

sarhad12, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  9. Golden Touch

Golden Touch Peon

Best Answers:
    Never had that happen to me. Is it country-dependent?

Golden Touch, Aug 27, 2011 IP