1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is WEB 2.0 ?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by graphics, Apr 26, 2010.

Hello i have read a lot of people in the contests forum who need web 2.0 logos..

Can anyone tell me what does it mean.

I am new to photoshop and have started making a few basic ones and even i have sold one of my logo..

Help is greatly appreciated

graphics, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  2. graphics

graphics Peon

Best Answers:
    My confusion is over now...

Thanks to Piggy

This thread can be closed

graphics, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  3. Rajan Shah

Rajan Shah Peon

Best Answers:
    The term "Web 2.0" is commonly associated with web applications that facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design,and collaboration on the World Wide Web. Examples of Web 2.0 include web-based communities, hosted services, web applications, social-networking sites, video-sharing sites, wikis, blogs, mashups, and folksonomies. A Web 2.0 site allows its users to interact with each other as contributors to the website's content, in contrast to non-interactive websites where users are limited to the passive viewing of information that is provided to them.

Rajan Shah, May 7, 2010 IP
  4. Renejr818

Renejr818 Peon

Best Answers:
    basically the new era of the web, social media era

Renejr818, May 7, 2010 IP
  5. electrogirl

electrogirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh, you have the answer now but thought I might as well contribute a bit :)
    Web design is basically a more modern take on web design :)
    ....That's all I have to say :D

electrogirl, May 9, 2010 IP
  6. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the majority of people asking for a "web 2.0" logo have no idea what that is. Web 2.0 is pretty much a site that, in some way, has users contributing to the content...

There is no "web 2.0" logo.. they probably mean a clean logo.

killaklown, May 12, 2010 IP
  7. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All about social and cloud computing.

Basicaly now it is not only about a web page, but about the people who create content and read that web page.

farasens, May 12, 2010 IP
  8. Diffrence

Diffrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you! WEB 2.0 has no standart definition, as it's an abstract thing (You can't define abstract things and if you thing you can, tell us what a life is.), however Web 2.0 activity is considered as a website revolution, in which websites have richer content and richer media, clearer design, less designed but more functional and informative website and in what users can stabilitze indirect and direct social relations. Thefore, you can say Web 2.0 logo, Web 2.0 Media, Web 2.0 site, Web 2.0 activity and such things.

Diffrence, May 16, 2010 IP
  9. misshannah

misshannah Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say that if someone asked for a web 2.0 logo they would be looking for a logo that is styled in a similar way to websites in this genre.

Things that I would immediately think of for web 2.0 would be the logo having some kind of glass effect - a curve of light across the logo or possibly a reflection of the type at the bottom. - Overall the look should be 'very clean'.

misshannah, May 20, 2010 IP