1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your best blogging tip for utilizing social media on your blog?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by blogideas, Jul 17, 2012.

I'm reaching out to you guys again to help me generate another post for my site. I really enjoyed the responses you all provided last time, so I thought I'd do it again.

If you could give one tip to new bloggers on how to best utilize social media on their blog, then what would it be?

blogideas, Jul 17, 2012 IP
  2. Eve1980

Eve1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create good content or events on the blog to share through all the social channels e.g. a good quality competition.

Eve1980, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  3. MEaton124

MEaton124 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways, but the best way I know of is to have the hyper focus on your niche and make it interesting. If your blog is about weight loss and you post about your cat Mittens barfing on the floor, that's going to break the momentum and turn people away. If you want to talk about that, have another blog for personal situations like that.

Also, make sure you are ready for bounce rates and how to adjust for people leaving too soon. I'm learning that lesson now the hard way, my bounce rate is terrible at this point. That means having share buttons at the bottom of your post (Sociable for WordPress is a good one) and a Call to Action for them to either share or post a comment, or whatever other action you try to apply.

These things will make it easier for your content to be shared and even go viral if you are lucky.

MEaton124, Jul 19, 2012 IP