1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your overall social media marketing plan?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AdSemble, Jan 31, 2011.

With so many social media websites, it is really crucial that you make a solid marketing plan and stick to it. I have done so by setting weekly and monthly goals for tweets, posts, discussions, etc.

How do you all plan to organize social media marketing for your business?

AdSemble, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  2. yourpaldan

yourpaldan Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I am using Facebook. It seems to be the easiest to use. I don't feel I have enough to say to Tweet. I may start using DIGG down the road. However, for now, I am concentrating on my Facebook Fan Page.

yourpaldan, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  3. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    I value quality over quantity. If you have quality content then people will naturally link to it and do all the hard work for you.

Steve Marino, Jan 31, 2011 IP
  4. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Building Your Social Media Marketing PlanWhen any new technology gets rolled out — whether it’s e-mail, text messaging or social media — it takes some time for best practices and effective strategies to cement themselves. And while many businesses (of all sizes) are still looking for ways to leverage social media, some techniques have already proven fruitful and can help your business expand its reach.

The key to turning your business into a social media marketing success is focusing on the fundamentals that already make your business great, and enabling your customers to spread the word about your exceptional products or services.

stevenyoung, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  5. mkarmalay

mkarmalay Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media is the main channel that provides a two way communication. The key here is to engage and build relationships. Hard selling does not work anymore. Every relationship built is a small success.

mkarmalay, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. netyards

netyards Member

Best Answers:
    Try not to mingle around with many social networks instead concentrate on two or three large sites like Twitter and Facebook.

You can use their paid advertising options as well to maximize social media marketing benefits.

Other than that, try to use 3rd party app generation and paid tweets, banners and other options to maximize the advertising and marketing option on these 2 network.

You can also create contest to generate more followers and fans to your account.

netyards, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. AdSemble

AdSemble Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the posts. @netyards - I agree, I have found in the last month that trying to mingle with all the social media sites is less effective then sticking to the heavy hitters (Facebook and Twitter.)

Regardless, I am amazed at the power social media has bestowed upon businesses. Used properly, it can essentially let others do the marketing for you. My friends website recently got 300 unique visitors because of one "like" on Facebook. Obviously, this person must have been an influential Facebooker... but still pretty enlightening.

AdSemble, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook groups & twitter are my favorite social marketing ideas.

rosemarie, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  9. bhupi_arora

bhupi_arora Peon

Best Answers:
    hello .. i am useing facebook, twitter, linkedin or stumbleupon... facebook vich work create fan page or groups.. and twitter or linkedin or stumbleupon follow friends and daily update...

bhupi_arora, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  10. cristinstephen

cristinstephen Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been getting a lot of questions lately from people wanting to know exactly how I make money online with social media. The short answer is I don’t, but to explain that more thoroughly, I though it would be beneficial to provide you with a complete overview of my social media marketing plan that I currently use on this (jonochs.com) site, then cover a few additional strategies that I am currently using to gain even more followers, readers, subscribers, customers, as well as new business partners.

cristinstephen, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  11. cristinstephen

cristinstephen Guest

Best Answers:
    Most of us are excited by the opportunities that social media provides, but there seem to be as many fails as there are success stories (Habitat vs Barclaycard), which makes it hard to justify to yourself let alone to your board.

cristinstephen, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  12. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. I also focus more on facebook and twitter as lots of people use these two social networking sites.

seodash, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  13. experttalk

experttalk Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter and Facebook these are two major Giant in Social Media

I am Enjoying FB and Twitter ..........

experttalk, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  14. CrowX-

CrowX- Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having official facebook pages for my sites, and similar themed twitters on which I'm sharing related articles, mostly from my sites.

CrowX-, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  15. jessicaloreen

jessicaloreen Member

Best Answers:
    facebook and twitter will be helpful.. in case of quality work

jessicaloreen, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  16. jewelsquadro

jewelsquadro Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook groups. like page & yahoo chatting marketing are my favorite social marketing ideas.

jewelsquadro, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  17. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a fan page on Facebook which is considered widely.The more likes you have the more popular your website will be.

sitearena, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  18. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    It's simple...

Listen before you start selling and provide value before you start marketing

Grobbulus, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  19. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    I use lots of linkedin rather than facebook although I have build about nearly 1000 fans, I used to be very active on facebook but after that i found linkedin is better for me because my business is rather b2b, linkedin allows me to target right people and connect with business people. I have more interaction happening on linkedin after I tested my marketing on facebook, twitter and linkedin, so I pretty much focus there.

Basically I joined key groups and engage in the conversation whenever i received email notification, I use linkedin signal to search the relevant topics people are talking about on linkedin and I listen and response. it is to do once in a day, about 2 hours. It's about building relationship as well.

Doing small and simple thing everyday into future is the basic of a long term marketing plan :)

CherryRahtu, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  20. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    always make a site that interest you... And love what you do.

HavenX, Feb 10, 2011 IP