1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is your time worth?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by BuyGifts.com, Apr 24, 2011.

I'm astonished at the amount of time people are investing in social media without thought to the value of their time. There is simply not enough time in the day to do ALL social media yet many entrepreneurs are reading that you need to do this one and that one and they're jumping into all of the band wagons feet first and wasting gobs and gobs of time.

Think about this for a minute: Let's say you want to play sports. Do you start signing up for ALL of them? Imagine if you joined a basketball team, a soccer team, a football team, a wrestling team, a golf team, etc. all at once. How do you think you'd perform trying to do them all at the same time? How much time would this take up? Would you have time left to do other important things? Yet this is the approach I see a lot of businesses taking with social media.

Calculate the value of your time. I know it's hard but give it your best shot. Let's say that you think you're time is worth $50 an hour. Now keep a log on the amount of time you're spending with all of these different social media outlets. You'll see that it quickly adds up to thousands of dollars. Now ask yourself if you can spend that time more wisely.

I highly advise marketers to find just one or two social media outlets that "work for them". Sure, try them out and give them your best shot. But measure your results and know what you're doing. Time is money. If you're not seeing results, you're wasting money. It's then time to move on to a social media outlet that is giving you those results. And remember, no more than life itself, one outlet doesn't always work the same way for everyone. It is relative to your offering and many other factors. Just because Facebook works for X company doesn't mean it is necessarily the best fit your Y company.

Think about the time you're investing in these social media outlets. Think about the sports analogy. Think about what your time is worth and ask yourself if you're getting the return on your social media investment.

BuyGifts.com, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  2. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    no , i often had a feel of wasting time of my life . i am not happy , and i do not like this job . here thanks for your sharing , i will have a deep consideration about this .

popgals, Apr 24, 2011 IP