1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Kind Of Money Can A Graphic Designer Make A Month?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by SeedsForWealthcom, Dec 13, 2007.

I'm just wondering how much graphic designers make every month. Not sure if spending money on the whole Adobe Design suite($1000 to $1400) would be in my best interest.

And how long does it take to learn graphic design well enough to make money? I understand it's a discipline but maybe some of you could fill me in on how long to get into the industry.

SeedsForWealthcom, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  2. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Really depends on how talented you are - obviously if you are an average designer with nothing special you want earn as much as someone with great talent.

daniegb123, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  3. the_red

the_red Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah I do agree with you!:)

the_red, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  4. SeedsForWealthcom

SeedsForWealthcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? Let me get this right. If you're a good designer then you can expect to make more then someone who isn't????

Wow!

SeedsForWealthcom, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  5. TDD-Designs

TDD-Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on if you can get ahold of the theories behind the graphics design. I've been doing graphics since january this year, i'm only 16, and have only done a few commercial jobs, but have earnt approx. $1500 this year, no taxes of course ;) (mainly from logo design sales). I started out selling forum signatures and moved onto logo and web design in about october.

If you learn coding for web design as well you'll make ALOT more then just GFX Design on it's own. My advice to you would be to download the trial first, and try and see if you have the ability to learn and comprehend the graphics theories about placement, lighting, etc. before you spend such a large sum of money and find out later you can't do what you wanted too.

just a bit of advice from a youngin'

TDD-Designs, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  6. NightVisioN

NightVisioN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well,im 15 next week,and i can tell ou that it's all about the quality of your works.
    I'm not making lot's of money like other designers here,but i'm absolutely satisfied with what i'm making.
    all i know that i make something like 50$/month,not alot,but that's cool for my age,i think.

NightVisioN, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  7. juvanescence

juvanescence Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on experience/skills/creativity/marketing of the individual.

It also depends whether they work primarily on/offline, where they live/overheads etc etc.

juvanescence, Dec 14, 2007 IP
    Lethal7 likes this.
  8. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no point shelling out for the whole expensive design suite, and then finding that it's too steep a learning curve and you don't have time to figure out how to use it all. So if you run out of time on your free trial before you've got to grips with it, remember that some of the entry-level programmes will still allow you to do a lot of the things you need to create great images.

Obelia, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  9. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hit the nail on the head. +rep

Lethal7, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  10. The Emirates Gallastico

The Emirates Gallastico Banned

Best Answers:
    There are people who charge $500+ for a cartoon character, or $1000+ for a website design - and they do get business.

It's up to you. If you take most of your business from DP though, you're not going to become rich :)

The Emirates Gallastico, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  11. spiky1471

spiky1471 Peon

Best Answers:
    my advice:
    get the trial version of photoshop and do designs for free for 30 days check out planetrenders.net or pixel2life.com and follow some tutorial

within those days do as much as you can then if people like your work you can take things further

like entering contests here on dp - post in the graphics section you do logos for like $5 or summit

then when you build some respect for being a good designer create a website/portfolio show your best work and offer your skills for a set price

the better you get the more you can charge

spiky1471, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  12. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    how much I really don't know..it's depend on how much that graphic designer charge for their service.

if you want to be a graphic designer and make some money online make sure your design is cool and make other people see you like a pro..:D

learn from free tutorial out there to create such buttons,icons,banners,headers,logos, or maybe website layout..if you are expertise in coding for those design..that must be an advantage to you to create more money with that template that you created by yourself..

not only that factor,marketing also important..who want to use your service if they don't really know what are you offering and your portfolio..:p

reezluv, Dec 14, 2007 IP