1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What kind of website do I start?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Investdeluxe, Feb 13, 2012.

It's been over 3 years now I have been trying to figure out what kind of website I should start. I am looking to start a website that has a good potential to make money if i put the right amount of work in it and I would prefer it to be a Wordpress based website as I am the most familiar with Wordpress. I am not good at writing stories or articles on health or weight training or anything for that matter so I am really lost in what to do. I know everyone says that you need to start a website which is a hobby for you etc.. but I can't find what kind of website I can make that would be successful. Successful in terms of getting traffic, alexa rank, page rank and income from ads in the future. I already tried my luck with proxy websites, paid to click websites, movie / episode streaming websites but they never work out for me. I am really lost and I have no idea what to do now for a website.

I hope you guys can throw me some suggestions on what kind of website to start.. that wouldn't be a total waste of time. I have the time, motivation and promotion skills to make a website but I don't know what niche, I don't want to end up making another proxy website or episode streaming website. I want something legal and full proof.

Investdeluxe, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  2. SpyGuyz

SpyGuyz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    start wordpress site and you can hire people to write articles for you and do dirty work but you must make perfect keywords research before starting to know which keywords you could target
    then you can start earn money with affiliate and adsence

SpyGuyz, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  3. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Start joomla or wordpress site and write Article, Hire peaple to write Article.

edvvardbrian, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. mutuk04

mutuk04 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see you are saying that you are not good at writing stories or articles on health but the truth is that is one niche that will make you good cash

mutuk04, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  5. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with the health niche, however, is that there is A LOT of competition. If you're just starting out, it may not be the best place to start. There are plenty of ebooks (both free and not) that can give ideas about how you can create a site and earn money online. Adsense, CPA, affiliate marketing (Clickbank, Amazon, Commission Junction, etc.)... there are quite a few methods out there.

icegin, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  6. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with right amount of money and correct efforts,you can earn cash from a niche or either from a general, going with a niche is a good option, but if you are having funds why dont you go with general sites as there you may add variety, i used the second method for my site and i am satisfied with it, although i am still waiting for conversion, but again you can't make money overnight, it requires time and dedication

neteater, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  7. onlinewarrior

onlinewarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the fitness niche is really good but competetive. I might put together a wordpress membership site (freemium model) and integrate it with youtube and facebook.

onlinewarrior, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  8. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    With your username, maybe finance? Lots of ad dollars there, but also a lot of competition. In general, if you pick a website niche solely on the potential profitability, it is a lot more difficult to stay motivated to improve since it takes a lot of work. But are you planning to write all the content yourself or outsource some of it.

ajwalsh, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make gadgets shopping website.

jhardy2008, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  10. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    A good niche research method I use is simply go through the Clickbank marketplace. I literally went through all their products, and came up with about 100 niches I could be interested in doing. Certainly you can find 10 niches by doing this. Then you can narrow down from there. Decide on what products in which niches are selling best, the competition, your knowledge of the niche, ect. Good luck.

imgeek2727, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  11. belgin fish

belgin fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you've spent 3 years trying to think of a wordpress site to make thats ridiculous. Just try random stuff and see what works, if you can't write then just make a site for movies or music or something.

belgin fish, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  12. ContentBros

ContentBros Peon

Best Answers:
    Over 3 years have you been unable to come to any kind of conclusions as to what website you want to create?

I would suggest sitting down for a few hours and writing notes on what your interests are - and develop websites around those.

ContentBros, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  13. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have been waffling for 3 years....don't start a website. The problem is that you can't get focused and just do something. If you try to start a website, no matter what kind, it is going to fail. You will lose focus and it will be another dead site on the internet that will have cost you some time and the cost of hosting and the cost of the domain.

Think that is harsh? Then take action..do something...Do anything! You just need to get motivated and start taking action!

entrecon, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  14. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog! You can start your own blog and write interesting posts. People will surely come if the content is interesting.
    Best of luck!

ablaye, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  15. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. During the 3 years, what have you been doing? Time management is so key, just start something that has a demand, and think about what you can do to build a website first. You need people who are coming to your website preferably wordpress, then throw your product/service.

Remember: You can`t promote something, if theres no traffic. You also need to start writing about this industry, and hopefully some contents that stick, not just any content.

James Byun, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  16. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better start some freelancing job. I am sure you are hard working. Startings are this tough.

dudeseo, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  17. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can use blog creation.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 29, 2012 IP