1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Percentage to Give (Operations Partner) for a Business - Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LindseyInteractive, Dec 2, 2012.

I need some advice and thoughts on somethings.

I currently run an online marketing company, where we provide online marketing services (SEO, Link Building, Social Media, etc) to clients.

Now currently I do everything myself Sales, Marketing, Operations, Accounting, etc. Now every now and again I will hire a contractor to do some writing and some link building for me if I am in a bind and unable to get it all done myself. Now the only stream of revenue is not through client sales but we also have some internal streams of revenue in which we buy and acquire websites and make money off them by flipping or advertisements, etc.

Now, me and my current contractor are talking about doing a "Partnership" to help the business expand quicker in which they will handle all the operations (Content writing, link building, site building, etc) for all client operations as well as the new sites that we acquire and buy.

Now my question is this.

Since I am the business owner, and this is my business and my income stream, I am the one handling all the sales and marketing, accounting, money management, putting the money up for new site acquisition, I pay all the bills of the company, they will just handle all the content writing, all the client work.

How much percentage should they get of the net profits?

LindseyInteractive, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  2. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In businesses where there is more than one operator, equal division of profits is imperative. Equal sharing can be attained through proper business structure, agreement on profit definition, determination on who will calculate the percentage, and pegging split salaries.

iandille101, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  3. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are doing a business and wants to get a success in a business then there are many things that you should have to consider in your mind.Also you should have an enough money,take proper decision,work according to planning and make strategy.

gregortarquin, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  4. exchanger107

exchanger107 Peon

Best Answers:
    It should be more clearly stated about the bond of partnership. What agreements were settled during the form of the partnership. After studying these facts it will be easier to suggest about the percentage issue.

exchanger107, Dec 8, 2012 IP