1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should I charge for a link?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ddaisy, Apr 23, 2010.

I run a running blog, which does product reviews, coaching advice, and product give-aways. I was recently solicited to add a link on my site, for a running store. Seems reasonable, and a little side cash is cool. The proposal was for a year, and he asked me what I would charge.

I get about 500 pageviews a month, all very targeted traffic. The site is also growing, but not a ton because I haven't spent a lot of time on it. What's a reasonable amount of money to charge for a text link?

Thanks,

ddaisy, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  2. paulie888

paulie888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Though the traffic is targeted, 500 pageviews a month really is not a lot. I'd say charging around $20 a month for the link would be a good ballpark figure, I wouldn't charge too much beyond that with the traffic you're getting.

paulie888, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  3. ddaisy

ddaisy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I wrote the wrong number, I actually get about 900 pageviews/month. Does that mean I could potential ask for more? I actually didn't think I could even get $20, which is exactly why I came here to ask.

ddaisy, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  4. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think $20 is high considering the traffic. I can get around that for sites with 10k visitors / month.

If I had a site w/ 900 visitors per months, I'd ask for $10, but I'd be willing to drop to $5/month. That's for a basic text link on an internal page with a PR2 or PR3.

fireboat, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  5. TheSmegHead

TheSmegHead Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, $5 per month for a simple text link would be very good for a site with low traffic. If you want to ask for more money, offer them a banner ad placement.

TheSmegHead, Apr 24, 2010 IP