1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What software would you recommend for a profile website?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Rudolf55, Jul 3, 2014.

Hello all!

Not sure how to describe it precisely, but here goes;

I was wondering what good software, preferably free ofcourse (open source) is out there for a profile website? I tried buddypress but I find it terribly confusing since they don't support their parent theme anymore making it impossible to use child themes.

And as if I'm not asking enough, possibly with a payment system of some sort; people would be able to make a payment through Ideal (Dutch system) or a phone call and get access to inside info on profiles the website for a couple of hours. Or otherwise buy credits and access to x number of profiles to show the extra contact details information.

It might be possible the latter has to be integrated seperately.

Thanks. -Rudolf

Rudolf55, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  2. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are looking for custom solution. There simply isn't any open source (free) CMS that can handle all this, especially custom types of payment. You've mentioned Buddypress, I guess custom development based on BuddyPress will be the easiest solution.

kalseo, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  3. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should go with budypress. It will be an easiest and good solution for your profile website project.

Etoot, Jul 8, 2014 IP