1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Sort Of Stats Would You Like To See?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mstevenson, Feb 28, 2011.

Hi there,

This is a general query to most webmasters that use paid or junk traffic for their websites. Basically I'd like to know what sort of statistics you would like to see to show what you received for your investment?

The reason i ask is, I'm updating part of one of my sites to include a new feature that will encourage users to visit sites in a list. But i would like to provide more than just "you received 145 hits" for the users and investors that add their sites to the list.

I've selected General Business as it is a general business question. I'm curious to see what the wider audience would want, as apposed to my own concepts.

mstevenson, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in order for me to invest in something - I need to know traffic information, and revenue stats. Why would I invest into a project that doesn't make any type of money?

ForgottenCreature, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  3. mstevenson

mstevenson Member

Best Answers:
    I mean, say you decided you want to get hits to a page, and you use donkeymails or one of those types of services. Now they dont report a thing, and the only evidence that you got something for your money is that your webserver's stats/logs show increased traffic.

If! you could have a report generated at donkeymails (for example) with statistics of some sort, not coming from g.analytics or your webserver, what would you want to see?

I was thinking country of origin, ctr (based on chances to click your advert vs actual clicks), for example.

I'm just trying to work out what sort of information is relevant, and what is just fluff, or filler.

mstevenson, Mar 1, 2011 IP