1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to expect from "myspace marketting"?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by craze3, Dec 31, 2007.

Say I want to try this myspace marketting that has been ever-so popular this last year.
    Here's what I imagine will happen:

1. Find a clickbank affiliate program relating to dating and picking up girls. This program will probably have a 1:20 conversion ratio.

2. Get 300 friends on myspace and advertise to them through messages and bulletins. Of course it will not look or sound like spam, but I imagine that 1/3 of them will not follow the lead- so only 200 leads.

3. For the 200 people that goto the affiliate site, 1 out of every 20 of them will convert. 200 / 20 = 10. 10 conversion at $40 a convert = $400.00 USD.

*The people marketed to will be targeted appropriately (single, male, etc..).

So tell me, where is my thinking flawed?

craze3, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  2. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've yet to meet anyone that has REALLY been successful marketing on myspace with clickbank products.

It could happen... but I don't think it's going to be as easy as you might think?

Why not try Niche Markets, instead?

clenard, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeez, cousin, I wish that were true. I write for singles on dating, and I know the numbers.

Man, I wish it were 1 out of 20!

If they say they get that, they are lying through their crooked teeth to sell you something, or they are a poster on a board bragging, to be somebody, to be somehow important.

Conversion, bare minimum, is 1 out of 100. With occassional spurts of less than 100. My personal best, and I'm goooood, :D was 1 out of 60, but that was not at all consitent.

I'm afraid it is like that with practically all products.

Only 1%, if not less, of the 300 Myspace friends will buy.

You have to also keep in mind that they have been hit up before, so....

And how long will it take you to get everything together, to contact each one, and then to send them a message at least 3 times before pitching your sales pitch to them by the time you make, or IF you make a sale?

Now break it down. Will you be making fifty-cents an hour? A dolllar? Minmimum wage???

The only expception of this working is if you post there anyway, and you want to tell them, NOT sell them about a cool, cheap product.

If you post there anyway, and you don't care how many hours you put in, go for it.

And even then, you'll make, maybe, a hundred or so bucks a month.

That goes the same for FaceBook!

Try it. You will see for yourself.

As a writer and marketer, I wish it were only true. :) I'd be able to make my goal three times faster.

Perry Rose, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  4. craze3

craze3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, I'll reconsider it :)

craze3, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  5. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No, brother, try it.

If anything, you may learn from it, and, hell, you may even get ideas from it to use in other areas of what you do.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

Perry Rose, Dec 31, 2007 IP