1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of CMS is the best for my website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by 5thround, May 10, 2007.

I'm currently in the process of having my web site design created, but one thing that I'm curious about is the content management system that we're going to use. My brother is going to help me maintain the website, but he doesn't know much about HTML or any other type of coding, so I want the updating of the News, Rumors, etc to be easy for him to post where he can select a picture of the relevant topic, type in the headline and/or sub-headline, and then the actual story itself. I'm willing to pay or buy the program if it's something that's good like ESPN.com's or Sherdog.com's.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

5thround, May 10, 2007 IP
  2. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have ou tried the joomla? it has tons of extensions and it has great support. you can look the demo on http://demo.joomla.org/

trichnosis, May 10, 2007 IP
  3. 5thround

5thround Active Member

Best Answers:
    I looked at joomla, looks a little much. I don't want the CMS to BE the website, I want the CMS to be apart of. Joomla and SimpleCMS and a couple of others look great, but its more for someone who doesn't want to design a whole page and would rather edit a template that's already made right? I'm playing around with CuteNews right now, anyone have any suggestions on that?

5thround, May 10, 2007 IP
  4. explorer11

explorer11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your problem is like mine, 5thround.. but I'm not expected ESPN.com site like, it's one of the best imo :)
    If you really need like that, most paid scripts on hotscripts (mostly $200+) are able to do that. I can't remember what those are because I'm looking for a cheap one. From my searching, found some around $100, it's phpcow and ExpressionEngine, EE is more like Joomla though.

explorer11, May 12, 2007 IP
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try Wordpress, simple and very functional.

Joomla I agree that it could be an overkill software for most simple sites.

EJRaven, May 12, 2007 IP
  6. Meistro

Meistro Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine using anything other than Joomla! to design websites.

Meistro, May 12, 2007 IP
  7. feral cat

feral cat Peon

Best Answers:
    Have a look at Textpattern

feral cat, May 12, 2007 IP
  8. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to suggest Drupal - but if Joomla is too much than Drupal probably would be too. Take a minute and check it out though..

Tearabite, May 12, 2007 IP
  9. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Most content management system are made with php / mysql. It's not a matter of just installing a template. You might want to try wordpress. Even thou you require some knowledge of php / mysql it is not overwhelming.

rmartish, May 12, 2007 IP