1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will you do if you lost it all... and had to start over?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Lateef Olajide, Dec 12, 2015.

Let me start by sharing my experience.

I actually did lost it not long ago.

I lost dozens of website to google horrific changes.
    I lost all cash at hand to costly financial mistakes.

It was a horrible experience.

Now the bills are pilling high.....

I needed to generate income fast.

So, what are some solutions?

I could create my own product.
    I could start bloging again.
    I could put some stuffs on amazon.
    I could try any of the other dozen ideas in my book...

The only problem is... I need cash within days.

Possibly in as little as 72 hours....

Then I read a book by celebrity author - James Altucher.

I actually read two...

Choose yourself - be happy, make millions, live the dream
    The Choose Yourself Guide to wealth.

After reading his books I discover James was a bigger loser.

I thought I lost it all.

I only lost money and income generating sources.

James on the other hand did lost it all.

He didn't lost millions of dollars alone, he lost his
    house and his family too.

How did he get back in business?

In his book he suggest 'making money' first then build
    a business.

And he suggest "making a service business on whatever
    the cutting edge of the internet is.

Here is how he put it in his book:

Make a service business on whatever the cutting edge of the Internet is. Start with small businesses. In the ’90s, you would’ve made a website business. Right now you can build an
    app or make a social media agency. Don’t just set up Facebook fan pages for people. Get those people some fans. Set people up on twitter. Then get those people followers. Set businesses up on YouTube, Pinterest, Wanelo, etsy, Quora, Instagram, MailChimp. Every small business (a law fi rm, a dentist’s offi ce, a flower shop, etc.) should have a working knowledge of some, if not all, of these tools. Your new agency can give it to them.

I decided to take the service option...

The next important point is getting client....

What's the solution?

Produce something of value....

I had to follow James Altucher again.

On page 120 of 'The Choose Yourself Guide to Wealth', he suggested producing and giving something of value to other businesses.

Produce something of value. In order to connect two people, you must have people to connect. You have to meet them in the first place, and the best way to do that is to produce something of value. I tell a story where I describe how when I was broke and about to go homeless I tried a technique of just reaching out to people. I would write letters like, “Hey, would love to meet.” Unfortunately, that never worked. People are busy. Nobody wanted to meet some random guy like me.

So instead I tried a new technique. I would spend time researching the business of each person I wanted to meet and come up with ten ideas to help them that I would give them completely for free. I gave one guy, Jim Cramer, ten article ideas he should write. He ultimately wrote back, “You should write these”—which started my financial writing career. It also led to a habit of exchanging ideas with people at TheStreet that ultimately led to me selling Stockpickr to them. Another guy to whom I gave several trading system ideas ultimately allocated money for me to trade. This started my hedge fund trading career. Once I started concentrating on producing something of value—without worrying about what I would get out of it—it started coming back to me. Pretty amazing, huh?

This won't be first time I read about giving something of value. I read another report written in the 1920's. The report is titled: 'A Blank Check Waiting for you'. It was a short report. You can read it here.

By giving something of value away I realize it's a lot easier to get started.

Few days ago I came across an article that is a perfect example. In the article the author wrote about case study of a fellow that earn $2,000 in 5 days.

Let me stop here.

What will you do if you lost it all.. and had to start over?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015
    Lateef Olajide, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  2. PR300

PR300 Member

Best Answers:
    Building a list of subscribers should be an absolute priority.

That way, you can lose everything and still have a list of people who know and trust you. They're your clients and customers. You have a relationship with them. They will buy from you again.

The list needn't be huge either. I know of one marketer with a list of under 1000 subscribers. He has been earning six figures a year, for several years.

That's because he educates and entertains in his emails, no blatant pitching every day.

So my answer is this - make sure you build a list of subscribers who actually look forward to your emails. That way you can lose everything and still be able to start over.

PR300, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, its to bad when the links are not clickable :)

Regarding your question:
    Everyone who made it big in the live he/she head such situations. This is good for you to think more when you start your new business. I mean a plan b or even c.
    You have no choice to not start just do not do the same way you did it and you will have more success. Please note that those blog posts that you are trying to spam never worked nor will work in the future. If someone is earning from a method why should share it with you? Just be unique with your ideas, do not copy someone and search there for your success.
    It's not easy in a world with such inteligent humans to find ideas that could work but thinking about it and do nothing is nit doing the things better :) just try it until you die and if dont have success believe me you are not the first and not the lest. Good luck.

Zoti Media Group, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd start by looking at what will make those websites viable again. You contradict yourself when you talk about having a list of subscribers AFTER you've lost everything. Your list has value so you would need to lose that too.

I get frustrated when people wait for disaster before finally facing up to the fact that they're not on the right path.

Thinking of a service is definitely the way to go. Something you can sell online without having to be actively involved in ever single client.

sarahk, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  5. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First, I wanted to start with these topic''What will you do if you lost it all.. and had to start over?'' In starting you describe about a great lose. Of course if it occurred in my life then I feel tense but then I wanted to do something for recovering.
    At the end you told about a report '''A Blank Check Waiting for you''. I was first read it at 10 years old and from then I'm walking in a money making ways. Now I'm so tired but still continuing. Where I will have to stop don't know. ''James Altucher'' I know these man by reading his reports and books. First I read his reports and then read '''The Choose Yourself Guide to Wealth''. Here he describe about a great money making ideas.
    I wanted to know- what's your plan with these materials in your practical life? @Latef

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  6. Lateef Olajide

Lateef Olajide Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks. I've been living few practical ideas from the materials for some months now also using my existing skills & few contacts I could still reach out to. All material mentioned are awesome.

Lateef Olajide, Dec 13, 2015 IP