1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what would you say is the demand for graphic designers?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by devin, Jan 23, 2007.

...on DP? and how much will you be willing to pay (also include what does the price depend on) for a header, logo, etc?

devin, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  2. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue Peon

Best Answers:
    As again ... It depends on number of factors...Portfolio, expertise, location, time-limit, scope of work etc etc

Elaborate more..

Thanks

Jonathan Hue, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  3. Turpentine

Turpentine Guest

Best Answers:
    most graphic stuff gets paid in beens for beens around here.
    I usually just do stuff for a little extra cash to buy work for my own sites.
    it is hard to make good money because everyone here doesn't get that look and feel means a lot to the enduser, and everyone wants to pay the absolute minimum.

Turpentine, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  4. Valve-Hosting

Valve-Hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Here in the UK i've been paid around $200 a day by firms, thats out of house too.

Valve-Hosting, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. Myr

Myr Member

Best Answers:
    Like Jonathan says, depends on alot of factors. But for the average designer: don't expect to make living out of it.

Myr, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  6. Valve-Hosting

Valve-Hosting Peon

Best Answers:

I guess that in turn depends on what you mean by average designer. I see a lot of people claiming they're webdesigners when theyre not. Theyre rank amatuers that can barely slot a simple css layout together.

I've seen portfoilio sites that I could knock up in 20 minutes. It's like everyone who has a guitar saying im a rock star.

Valve-Hosting, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  7. anamul

anamul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought the topics was Graphics design...not webdesign. While Banner and Logo may come into this...but Graphics design has a hell of a big area to cover. If you are good with designing in photoshop, the it could be from simple book cover to anything which have a authentic grphics in it. No I wouldn't say there isn't market...I would say its expanding.

Anamul

anamul, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  8. pr0xy122

pr0xy122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not that much, small businesses pay a lot better.

pr0xy122, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  9. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    If by graphics designing, you mean some specialized graphics, like a specialized logo (like logos of various games) rather than a normal looking banner with text on it, then there might be opportunities. A graphics designer can be best paid in some firm rather than just freelancing in a place like DP. I mean, you won't earn enough to concentrate all of your efforts into it.

Nowadays, there are special programs available for certain logo/graphics designing, many come under $50 to $100. So individuals might opt for them. But when it comes it some extraordinary graphics, which maybe only some private firms may offer, then you can earn a lot. Its best to learn 3D designing, rigging, animation and rendering, if one is really interested in the field of graphics. Because with 3D knowledge, one can create astonishing results, and get broader opportunities.

-ARonald

ARonald, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  10. logodesignteam

logodesignteam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, good work is always in demand.

If you are good at Graphic Design there is a lot of work. Graphic Design encapsulates Design for Web, for Print or for ANY media. Graphic Design is a requirement for ANY and EVERY industry and there is a lot of scope, demand with several options available.

What is important is creativity. If you have it in you you can surely make a very good living by it - absolutely no doubt.

Yes there are always buyers who want to buy cheap and who are unable to see the extensive creativity, labour and time that you have put in. This is not special to Graphic Design industry. Such buyers are there in EVERY industry. Programmers, SEO experts, Content Developers - I think everyone will agree with me.

Logos sell from $50 to $250 on the web and much higher offline. So the price is defined by quality of work, the time of delivery, the experience of designers and SEVERAL other factors.

It depends on YOU as to how you create your market and how you build upon it.

I am happy with my work. I am happy with the work of my team. My clients are also very satisfied lot :)

logodesignteam, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  11. Mr.tyro

Mr.tyro Guest

Best Answers:
    Trust me if you work is unique and good enough you will always find individual projects from people in hudge demand.

Mr.tyro, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  12. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you and what you said is 100% correct. Creative and Innovative people will get good returns and always on top of demand list.:)

ramakrishna p, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  13. Turpentine

Turpentine Guest

Best Answers:
    remember guys... he is talking on DP, not in the real world. in the world people pay you in money you can't count on your fingers and toes.

Turpentine, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  14. mantero

mantero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup..agreed with u... its totally different.. anybody will pay u as much as u want in real world.. but in DP, many thing they must consider..safe or not,etc..

mantero, Jan 28, 2007 IP