1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you suggest to monetize this architectural archive site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yesyoucant, Sep 20, 2012.

Hello,

My partner runs a website that is basically a Houston/Texas based architectural archive. The page gets about 150-300 pageviews a day depending on new posts. New content is added pretty much each week. I don't know/think these are "unique" views but I asked her to put Analytics on the site to get more specific info. The site was a plain ol' HTML/PHP site but now it's WordPress based. I'm considering developing or altering a new theme for her in the near future.

What would you suggest to make money off this site? Occasionally we get emails from random people who are researching history; for example Vanity Fair contacted us/her to use one of her photographs they found on the site. They paid a pretty fair amount IMO. I feel like adsense or clickthrough links would be tedious.

Stats

Here is the actual site.
    I am new to online/internet marketing and advertising but think this site has potential! TIA for your help!

yesyoucant, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  2. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice photographs! You may try to find some ad networks which show ads on the images. Real estate, education, architecture and art-photography related CPA offers or clickbank products may convert well on that site. Adsense won't work for it as it has not enough text content.

By the way, analytics do not show the visits from image searches. Server stats are more reliable than analytics for this type of sites. If it receives good pageviews (50k+ per month) you can try a CPM network in addition to the options I have mentioned above.

makeit easy, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  3. cazmoen

cazmoen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to say that the site is very unique in its content. Yes, I would suggest a change in the theme and the theme should be more pic oriented and should showcase the pictures more like a slide. I think custom community theme should be good for the website, just check them out.

Even I use the same.

cazmoen, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  4. st3fan

st3fan Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome site.. I would try to find some related CPA offers that you could monetize with.

st3fan, Sep 27, 2012 IP