1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's New in Photoshop CS3?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by farizal, Feb 18, 2008.

Here, you will learn 'Quick Selection' Tool for Photoshop CS3. This tool is suitable for photo editing. For best view, I strongly suggest you to download the video.

Click Here to watch the video!

Thank you for watching :)

farizal, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    new in CS3 is probably mostly under the hood, but still very important.

The interface did change, it's easier and smarter to have toolbars and palettes and you have much much more controll over the interface than ever before. I'm not a big adobe lover, they started to go all microsoft on us for a while there, but I'd like to submit that I'm a fan as of CS3 again, they really did a lot of work and YES, it's worth the upgrade.

The single, biggest change that took place was instead of having PSD's for photoshop, AI's for Illustrator, INDD's for InDesign and trying to make them all work together, they totally re-worked the file formats. now everything in photoshop uses the PDF libraries to make it's PSD's and Illustrator uses the same PDF libraries to render it's AI's.

Basically, for designers like me that use photoshop, indesign and illustrator, it's *SO* much easier to share between the programs and a lot more compatible than ever before.

If you haven't upgraded, please, help yourself out.

They also added Adobe Bridge as an inter-program file browser that uses opera web browser to render the previews. I wasn't a big fan at first, but they've upadted it a bit since last year and it's now a very slick tool to use, especially if you don't have the priviledge of working on a mac.

innovati, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  3. farizal

farizal Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your replied. great explanation you've got there! btw, I've already posted the link above for the tutorial about how to use new tool in CS3. you may take a look :)

any comments are welcomed!

farizal, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  4. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the explanations..seems like it is worth it.

shahcloud, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd also highly reccomend as tools GIMP (gimp(dot)org) as a complement to Photoshop, and inkscape (inkscape(dot)org) as a complement to Illustrator. Both are free and open source tools and they have different strengths and weaknesses. But for free, to augment your existing toolset, why the h3ll not?!

I will say this, I use CS3 for it's formats and interoperability, but there's nothing I do in CS3 that I can't do as easily or better in GIMP and Inkscape if you know how to use them. Get them both and learn them, even if you get CS3 - you won't be dissappointed there either!

innovati, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  6. alihasan

alihasan Peon

Best Answers:
    thnxs. very good information

alihasan, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  7. ToxicBlood

ToxicBlood Peon

Best Answers:
    It not have more different stuff then ps2 but It's good , cs3 I use and i recomand it :D

ToxicBlood, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  8. farizal

farizal Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I'm also using cs3 and recommended it to everyone. make sure your pc is high end enough :)

farizal, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  9. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    It has support for the new liveColor features in all Adobe products, which makes me think they likely did a complete overhaul of the colour management systems at the core of their software at the same time.

I find it hard to imagine a user using only Photoshop and not the other applications though, I think what Adobe has most going for them is a suite of tools (who cares if they're the most powerful or not, Illustrator is just a toy) that are so beautifully and seamlessly integrated, it would be hard to create a workflow includng other programs that tightly, or it would be senseless to add other programs to your workflow using adobe products.

That's what's so good about CS3, the integration is tighter and better than ever before.

innovati, Feb 21, 2008 IP