1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the best place to sell a highly established Islamic website ? And how ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DarkAge, Aug 2, 2013.

I need some guidance on the best approach to sell a highly established website (100K+ unique visitors 1.5M+ page views). My estimation/reserve is around mid $XXXX range.

I've tried advertising several times on flippa, but it doesn't get much attention leading me to believe it is the wrong audience.

I can't advertise here (since DP made the changes), i'm also not sure if a website in that price range can be sold on DP. Looking through the websites for sale, they are typically in a much lower price range.

Since the site is 10+ years old I've created a 8 page document describing the features, content, traffic stats, etc. I'm not sure if people are actually reading through all the 8 pages and understanding what the site is providing as service. Should i boil it down and optionally provide this information on the skype meetings ? Or should I provide even more information (could easily make it a 10 page document).

If i boil it down, how will the audience understand the price ? If I write enough to make them understand the price tag, how do I get them to read it thoroughly?

Since I know there are a lot of Muslims on DP, what advice will you give me on where to sell (to target the right audience) and optionally the best strategy (to get the best price) ?

Thank you in advance.

DarkAge, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Put a "For Sale" notice on your site. 100K unique visitors that are interested in your topic right there.

digitalpoint, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  3. DarkAge

DarkAge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd rather not. I think it will devalue the website in front of its members if it's owner(s) intend to sell the website. The news should rather be announced after the ownership change preferably combined with the new strategy.

My members are not IT oriented, they cannot understand the motivation behind selling...

DarkAge, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with what Shawn said, I belong to many forums and sites and if Shawn or any other site owner was to announce selling this site it would not deter me from coming back. Now if the new owner does some drastic change that I don't like then I would leave, but then that wouldn't be your problem at all.
    If you make a post with a high figure, who knows, it might even attract more attention to your site if the word gets around.

superrichguy, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  5. DarkAge

DarkAge Active Member

Best Answers:
    The forums that you visit, are they IT related ?

I mean, to me, it seems feasible to put a "for sale" ad of a website on an IT forum, but on a religious forum... I don't know...

DarkAge, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I visit numerous forums. Trucks, hobbies, games, IT, political, and tons more. I do not belong to a religious one but if I did I would have the same feeling. But if you're not comfortable doing that then pay for a premium here and try your luck selling here.

superrichguy, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  7. coolcode007

coolcode007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good idea. specially as its a specific religious community

coolcode007, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  8. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Other ways are:

DP, you can list your site for sale here... you can sell your site through signature links as well.

Flippa is also a good place for selling websites I would say.

SERPpoint, Aug 13, 2013 IP