1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the best way to do this..

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by flashculture, Jun 8, 2009.

Hi,

I want to setup a simple site, where it just has multiple pages, and each page contains a series of thumbnails in a grid say 10x16. When you click on one it takes you to an external site page. And under each thumbnail is a URL link to download a file.

What's the best way to create that? use a CMS? Wordpress? Joomla? Would I need a specific plug in?

thanks for any help.
    FlashCulture.

flashculture, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. SHOwnsYou

SHOwnsYou Peon

Best Answers:
    Use a CMS, you will never regret using a CMS. You can easily add to it or delete items without causing a problem, unlike if you used static pages.

It would be really easy to just go into cpanel, create a new database, store the picture name, the url to go to when clicking the picture, the url of the download link, and what you want the url to say.

From there, it is just a matter of making some echo statements and you're on your way. Not only that ... you've also just made your own cms. It really is that easy.

SHOwnsYou, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  3. vrktech

vrktech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not use Wordpress, it is very simple to install and by just making a few adjustments with the theme you choose you can get what you need and it is also very seo friendly :) PM me if you need more help.

vrktech, Jun 12, 2009 IP