1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the most spiders you have seen on your site?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clubtitan.org, Dec 21, 2004.

I saw where there were 32 guests I assume were bots spidering my site www.clubtitan.org this evening when there was no one else on but me and 1 other member. Is this about normal or above average. I'm not complaining just curious.
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Dec 21, 2004 IP
  2. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's more than I've ever seen on my sites, most I've had is 10 when I used an online tool to check my site in several search engines and page analysers. Don't forget that those 'who's online' tools usually last for about 5-10 minutes so you might not actually have 32 visitors on your site, plus Google crawls from a number of different IP addresses so 5 of them could actually be the same spider in effect.

pwaring, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    There are a ton of them now a days, you have all the blog spiders, even colleges have their own.

I have a hell of a lot of them under my house also, I use glue traps to kill them, they were coming through the floor and biting me until I sealed those holes in the floor where the pipes come in. :p

anthonycea, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  4. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get a lot from blog spiders on another site, but I don't have a "who's online" script for that one so I don't know (other than looking at my Apache logs) how many are crawling at once.

pwaring, Jan 13, 2005 IP
  5. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    One day last week I logged over 100 spidering the forums on my Nissan Titan Forum . Hope they come back again. LOL
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Jan 13, 2005 IP